Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales Tapings  (Read 5828 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Tattletales Tapings
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »
I've recently been watching some episodes on YouTube and that made me curious about how tapings worked.  Were multiple episode taped with the same audience?  Did they switch people around?  I watched one of the episodes from "emcee week" where Jack Narz and his wife scored a grand total of $0.  I guess I would have been pretty disappointed to leave with nothing, small as the checks were.  I also counted about 100 audience members per section--is that accurate?

Thanks for any information.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Tattletales Tapings
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
122 audience members per section got to see five shows, celebrity couples moved around. This came from a discussion with Randy A. about his experience at Ttales.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
When I saw TT in person in '77, they were doing five shows a day. IIRC they did three shows, a meal break, then two shows. The audience for the last two shows were different but some people hung around from the earlier tapings and got in. G-T did have people looking to make sure the same people did not get in again and again. They didn't want people making a living from being audience members at TT.

You were paid after the tapings, one section at a time. There apparently was only one check making machine. The checks were payable to "bearer" and were with Crocker Bank. I went for two days. One day had A-listers Bob Newhart, Dick Martin and Totie Fields with their respective spouses. The next day was Bobby Van & Elaine Joyce, Jack Albertson & Adam Arkin. I sat in the banana section both days. I got checks totaling close to $40.00.

Announcer Gene Wood did the warm-up and told everyone to be quiet when the celebs were giving their answers, because if an answer was heard, the question would be thrown out for your section, and everyone in your section "would be waiting for you in the parking lot."  Everyone understood this.

JayDLewis

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »
Jack Albertson & Adam Arkin. I

I didn't even know they were a couple!
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything