Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC revives TTTT  (Read 22758 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: ABC revives TTTT
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »
The official press release is out. The order is for six episodes, with Betty and NeNe seeming to be the regular panelists among the panel of four each episode

Well, Fabiano is breathing a sign of relief, I'm sure. Wonder where TMZ got the idea that it was three.

/tweeting a lie? really? Who gives a fark?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

weaklink75

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
I'd think this would start up right after Celebrity Family Feud finishes their run- so probably the first week in August.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »
Well, Fabiano is breathing a sign of relief, I'm sure. Wonder where TMZ got the idea that it was three.
Perhaps the writer confused "panelists" with "imposters"? I'm sure writing something not related to the Kardashians or Real Housewives is particularly taxing.

Quote from: FTFA
Anderson’s brassy mother, Doris, will be the official scorekeeper and asking questions of her own, not to mention embarrassing her son every chance she gets.
I guess they gotta milk that Family Feud appearance for all it's worth (not much).

/Tweeting a lie about yourself is kinda dumb...an embarrassing or interesting story would be a little more interesting IMO
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »
What the hell kind of fun would it be for a celebrity to tweet a lie when we know that they're lying?

The best lies (i.e. the only ones that work) are the ones we aren't told are lies beforehand.

If that's supposed to be a punishment, I wish I had the show as my parent.

As if to prove that, there is then a brief clip stolen from YouTube (itself stolen from GSN)...with Hy Gardner.
"Hey, is this Allen Ludden?"
"Close enough, run it!"

Hooray for journalism.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
Betty White first played To Tell the Truth in 1958.  The fifty-seven years between her first episode and the current run is yet another record for her, far surpassing even the gap between the first and last episodes of Kitty Carlisle.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »
But Betty White will never have those frightening pearls.  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 01:39:03 AM »
The "embarrassing punishment" is having to tweet a lie watch the show.

Betty, really? Has it come to this?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 01:54:06 AM »
Fun Fact: one of the panelists of the original "To Tell the Truth" was Allen Ludden ... Betty's late husband, who went on to host "Password."

As if to prove that, there is then a brief clip stolen from YouTube (itself stolen from GSN)...with Hy Gardner.

/Seems it wouldn't have been too difficult for them to have found a clip with Betty White herself.

You just can't make this stuff up.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 02:21:47 AM »
"The catch this time is that the celebrity who is the worst at figuring out the identity will be facing a punishment."

Publicly humiliating your own panelists is a gimmick Mr. Goodson should have thought of decades ago.

tvmitch

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »
As info, the ALL CAPS header of the press release touts TTTT as a "comedic variety show." The words "panel" and "game" are nowhere to be found, surprise!

Not complaining, I think it's neat they are bringing back the format, and I'm optimistic.
You should follow me on Twitter

colonial

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 09:27:10 AM »
ESPN basketball analyst (and former NBA player/Michigan "Fab Fiver") Jalen Rose has been added to the show as a permanent panelist ...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/07/14/jalen-rose-joins-panel-of-celebrities-for-to-tell-the-truth/431101/

JD

bpatrick

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
I've been hoping for a long time that "TTTT" would join "The Price Is Right" as the only two game shows to have aired at some point in every decade since the '50s.  It's not going to seem the same, though, without Kitty, just as "What's My Line?" would never seem the same without Arlene.

And I'm sorry, fans of the original "TTTT," but Garry Moore's version is my favorite.  His own demeanor was friendlier than Bud Collyer's; Kitty and Peggy Cass played off each other a lot like Arlene and Dorothy on "WML," and Bill Cullen was especially knowledgeable about science and sports (as he proved for years on "I've Got A Secret"). There was also time for interviews and demonstrations just as on "Secret" and syndicated "Line."

pacdude

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
And I'm sorry, fans of the original "TTTT," but Garry Moore's version is my favorite.

You're putting a lot of stock into the effect of your opinion on other people. (And I agree with you—Garry Moore's TTTT was also my favorite.)

bpatrick

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 08:07:57 AM »
Maybe so, re Garry Moore's version vs. Bud Collyer's, but I'm trying to avoid an avalanche of posts of the "Garry couldn't hold a candle to Bud" variety.  If people prefer Bud to Garry, that's their privilege; I have better things to do than defend my own preference.

BrandonFG

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:45 AM »
I think you can rest easy. Not too many people are going to roast you for liking one host over the other, esp. when you chose a solid host in his own right.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!