Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr repeating already?  (Read 66831 times)

Thunder

Re: Buzzr repeating already?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 08:39:31 PM »
A few posts were on their page this morning and afternoon wondering about the repeats, but most if not all have been removed.

They should really get out of that habit fast. Searching BUZZR on Twitter finds several results with folks asking about the replays. They can't delete those posts..

In the reality world of business, it's quite wise to delete negative comments from the small fringe of people who obsess over such things.

"You're already running reruns of your reruns!" is approaching the telephone-pole shouting threshold.

TimK2003

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
A few posts were on their page this morning and afternoon wondering about the repeats, but most if not all have been removed.

They should really get out of that habit fast. Searching BUZZR on Twitter finds several results with folks asking about the replays. They can't delete those posts..

In the reality world of business, it's quite wise to delete negative comments from the small fringe of people who obsess over such things.

But if you are trying to woo other station owners into becoming new affiliates for BUZZR and are trying to show that your diginet can be just as good or better than the more successful sub-channels like MeTV, then running and rerunning a handful of episodes with no viable explanation is not going to help your case, either.  It's not just the fanbois who are looking at BUZZR sputtering out of the gate.  Just sayin'.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »

"You're already running reruns of your reruns!" is approaching the telephone-pole shouting threshold.

I think I have a reputation around here of being pretty level-headed, and I disagree strongly with this.

They're boasting about a channel with a library of 40,000 shows, and essentially the entire schedule starts repeating in less than a month.  That's stunningly short-sighted planning.  And then to compound the problem, instead of having a reasonable and rational explanation for the fans that they purportedly are trying to court on social media, they just erase the questions and hope nobody notices?  Helluva way to run a business.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fladam

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »
Tim & Matt hit this on the head, but I'll add one more point.

For everyone 1 fanboi there are 9 brand ambassadors. I'm not going send some manifesto to BUZZR about their programming efforts.. But it will certainly change my tone when talking about the netlet with others. My guess is that they are deleting these posts in an effort to deflect any bad PR while they're still out there selling the channel. That being said, they're still alienating their biggest viewer base - and that doesn't come without repercussions these days (see XBOX ONE reveal and Netflix introducing Quikster).

pacdude

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
Allegedly they're still in a soft-launch phase while they acquire more stations to air on, and they'll be doing a bigger PR push in the fall.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
Allegedly they're still in a soft-launch phase while they acquire more stations to air on, and they'll be doing a bigger PR push in the fall.

And that would have been a perfectly acceptable answer if they had said it.  And while I thank you for that, we shouldn't have had to hear it from you.

That said, I don't know that the strategy makes sense.  They're pretty solidly in the middle of the pack for availability now versus their competition, and they just started a month ago.  I'm not sure what  they plan to gain from the fall relaunch.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 08:47:33 PM »
I'm familiar with a specialty magazine's discussion venue (not related to game shows) that regularly vaporizes posts that are even remotely critical of the magazine, its writers, or its advertisers.   Posts asking about what happened to those posts are deleted even faster. 

The excuses given are along the lines of "keeping the conversation on topic."

So it's not just Buzzr... but that doesn't make it right.
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

jimlangefan

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
Buzzr just posted on their FB page that "New" episodes of the current schedule will be starting on Monday June 29th.
TV's Big Dealer

Ian Wallis

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »
Buzzr just posted on their FB page that "New" episodes of the current schedule will be starting on Monday June 29th.

For those of us not lucky enough to have this channel yet, did they infact start airing new episodes on 6/29, and if so, did they pick up where they left off?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

jimlangefan

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »

For those of us not lucky enough to have this channel yet, did they infact start airing new episodes on 6/29, and if so, did they pick up where they left off?

My friend who has Buzzr and has been keeping me updated says Yes on both counts.
TV's Big Dealer

Fladam

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 12:11:48 PM »
They've started repeating again...  >:( >:(

Seems we get three weeks of sequential content then episodes start replaying. Though I'm still not sure the reasoning behind this, it's nice to know there is some kind of programming pattern.

snowpeck

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
It's a bizarre one though. Looks like they ran episodes 1 and 2 of Super Password yet again, and the first episode of Press Your Luck is on now for the third time.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Fladam

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »
It's a bizarre one though. Looks like they ran episodes 1 and 2 of Super Password yet again, and the first episode of Press Your Luck is on now for the third time.

You're right - I just turned on Super Password to Pat Sajak, but didn't realize that ran over a month ago.

BillCullen1

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Wasn't Sajak on the last week of SP as well in 1989?

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 03:39:22 PM »
Wasn't Sajak on the last week of SP as well in 1989?
No...Betty White and Christopher Hewett were the guests.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!