Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Family Feud Discussion  (Read 39202 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Celebrity Family Feud - Families Announced
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 08:08:14 PM »
This show is absolutely horrendous.
In what ways particularly?

EDIT: "was" typo changed to "ways".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:22:27 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
This show is absolutely horrendous.

Care to elaborate as to why you think that?

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
If you can look past the 8th Grade writing, the presentation isn't that bad.  It's nice to see more interaction as a benefit of it being an hour show.  I did laugh a few times.

/Feud has always had dumb answers
//Especially with celebrities

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »
It wasn't that bad...it's (as you may expect) a flashier version of the daytime show. The question writing more or less follows the same format of the daytime version (risque question upfront, then it gets tamer).

Steve reacts to the answers the same way he does on the mothership. And yes, there's still the obligatory bizarre juvenile euphemism (I have no clue what a "Ham Flower" is, or where they got that one). Other than that, it's not that different.

However, I did have one issue with second half's Fast Money...
The question was "Name something in a jar." First contestant said "Jelly"; her partner said "Jelly beans" and got buzzed. Last time I checked, they are nowhere close to being the same thing. Moot point, though, as the family won easily with a couple questions to spare.

FWIW, I like the set.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

pacdude

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
Good to know, even if it is apparently 12 years old.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »
I definitely enjoyed it for what it was, an episode Harvey Feud. I liked how Anthony Anderson's mother questioned the writers on one of the answers ("Lola The Street Ho" and she responds "What dummy thought of that?")

I liked the amount of time they spent interacting, though it seemed to me they rushed a lot in the 2nd game after giving Steve free range with the Braxtons and Anthony Anderson.

The set looked even better on TV than it did in pictures. Absolutely great looking set.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

pacdude

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 09:38:18 PM »
I definitely enjoyed it for what it was, an episode Harvey Feud. I liked how Anthony Anderson's mother questioned the writers on one of the answers ("Lola The Street Ho" and she responds "What dummy thought of that?")

I liked the amount of time they spent interacting, though it seemed to me they rushed a lot in the 2nd game after giving Steve free range with the Braxtons and Anthony Anderson.

The set looked even better on TV than it did in pictures. Absolutely great looking set.

Considering the vagueness Steve had about the upcoming families makes me wonder if the various matched were pieced together in a different order than taped to fit time.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »
MSTieScott will be happy to know that they actually let the game be won in the Double round.

goongas

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 10:09:56 PM »
There had to be editing involved, and possibly shifting of shows taped.   Steve was wearing a different suit in the second half of the show.  They had a long game in match one, and a short game in match two, so those were two good candidates to make one hour show.

cmjb13

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 10:32:46 PM »
Steve did joke at the beginning of the show something along the lines of that the audience looked familiar.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Flerbert419

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
Considering the vagueness Steve had about the upcoming families makes me wonder if the various matched were pieced together in a different order than taped to fit time.

Steve told everybody to stick around for the second half of the show while the first half families were in the background, so they decided which matchups would be first/second half ahead of time but not the order? Very strange since you could easily be flexible in both if you wanted.

They also did not do the full open with introductions for the second half.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »
MSTieScott will be happy to know that they actually let the game be won in the Double round.

So I wasn't hallucinating then?

Overall, I didn't see too much of a difference on this show from the Daytime version, but it made for a fun hour of teevee watching.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:13 AM »
Steve told everybody to stick around for the second half of the show while the first half families were in the background, so they decided which matchups would be first/second half ahead of time but not the order?
I'm guessing they recorded takes for both scenarios and then pieced to fit.
This signature is currently under construction.

BillCullen1

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 09:56:21 AM »
The answer Anthony Anderson's mom gave to the first question even took Steve by surprise. Lord knows, that's not easy