Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Family Feud Discussion  (Read 39168 times)

chad1m

Celebrity Family Feud Discussion
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
June 21st sees the premiere of Celebrity Family Feud on ABC. The celebrities, in most cases, will be playing with members of their real families like the 2008 NBC series. The lineup was just released and here are the matchups:

Dr. Phil vs. Penny Marshall
Dancing with the Stars (Karina Smirnoff, Anna Trebunskaya, Sasha Farber, Witney Carson and Allison Holker) vs. The Bachelor/The Bachelorette (Sean Lowe, Catherine Guidici, Jason Mesnick, Molly Mesnick and Kaitlyn Bristowe)
Kevin McHale vs. Fred Willard
NFL AFC (Antonio Brown, Nick Mangold, Terrell Suggs, Antonio Gates and DeMarcus Ware) vs. NFL NFC (Vernon Davis, Eddie Lacy, Calais Campbell, Matt Forte and Thomas Davis)
Monica Potter vs. Curtis Stone
Mario Lopez vs. Joey Lawrence
Katy Mixon vs. Willie Robertson
Rob Gronkowski vs. Holly Robinson Peete
Niecy Nash vs. Cheryl Hines
Keke Palmer vs. Bill Engvall (with most of the same partners that defeated Larry the Cable Guy in 2008)
Ed Asner vs. Vicki Lawrence (Which should be awesome)
Anthony Anderson vs. Toni Braxton
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:51:34 PM by chad1m »

weaklink75

Re: Celebrity Family Feud - Families Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »
Here's the press release:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-CELEBRITY-FAMILY-FEUD-on-ABC-Sunday-June-21-2015-20150605

Not a bad lineup (only two non-family games will be the NFL teams and Smirnoff vs Lowe, which is basically Dancing With The Stars vs The Bachelor/ette)- I wonder if they will be two self-contained games per episode or they do like the old Celebrity hour-long eps, where the two winners play a one question playoff for a 2nd chance at Fast Money...

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
I just wanted to single this out because this does sound like a really good matchup. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:32:24 PM »
I just wanted to single this out because this does sound like a really good matchup. :)

Just imagine how mind-blowing (and still relatively possible) a The Mary Tyler Moore Show vs The Carol Burnett Show game would be.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 05:39:35 AM »
Only problem with MTM is that Mary Tyler Moore is reportedly nearly blind. She may not want to be on TV in her condition.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 09:23:11 AM »
Only problem with MTM is that Mary Tyler Moore is reportedly nearly blind. She may not want to be on TV in her condition.

Yes, because sight is the most important facility needed for Family Feud.  I hear (see what I did there) blindness has completely disfigured her.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »

Yes, because sight is the most important facility needed for Family Feud.  I hear (see what I did there) blindness has completely disfigured her.

That would also put the kibosh on a Dick Van Dyke Show team with Dick, Jerry Van Dyke, Mary, Rose Marie and Carl Reiner.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »

Holy missing the point Batman.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Neumms

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »
If Kevin McHale assembles his team himself, heaven help them. Says the vengeful Timberwolves fan.

Neumms

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Whoops. Not that Kevin McHale. I guess Bill Engvall's son-in-law isn't the William Holden I'd actually want to watch, either.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »
Whoops. Not that Kevin McHale. I guess Bill Engvall's son-in-law isn't the William Holden I'd actually want to watch, either.

"Did William Holden come to the party?"
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2PXagIXP8M4/hqdefault.jpg
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

That Don Guy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »

Wasn't the basketball player on a couple of episodes of Cheers?  I was surprised SAG/AFTRA didn't make the other one use a different name.

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
Anthony Anderson's and Toni Braxton's families will be on tonight's episode (June 21).

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »
Anthony Anderson's and Toni Braxton's families will be on tonight's episode (June 21).
Along with Monica Potter's and Curtis Stone's, in what I'm assuming will be the 2nd game.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Bertie Bott

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
This show is absolutely horrendous.