Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF bonus round thoughts  (Read 3724 times)

zachhoran

WOF bonus round thoughts
« on: January 14, 2004, 10:23:49 AM »
Do you think WOF would ever consider putting prizes other than cars and cash on their bonus round, i.e. trips to five or six major sporting events or a Yacht party for 100, like seen on the 1988-89 WOF episodes GSN reruns.

BrandonFG

WOF bonus round thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 11:15:10 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:23 AM\'] Do you think WOF would ever consider putting prizes other than cars and cash on their bonus round, i.e. trips to five or six major sporting events or a Yacht party for 100, like seen on the 1988-89 WOF episodes GSN reruns. [/quote]
 Is there any reason they went to just cash and cars, other than the fact that those two are probably what contestants would rather be given as a bonus prize?

To answer your question, I could see them doing the trips to sporting events during an athlete's week, like the NFL week. But in general, I think they'd probably do a regular trip before anything, like a European tour.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

WOF bonus round thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 11:27:54 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 11:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:23 AM\'] Do you think WOF would ever consider putting prizes other than cars and cash on their bonus round, i.e. trips to five or six major sporting events or a Yacht party for 100, like seen on the 1988-89 WOF episodes GSN reruns. [/quote]
Is there any reason they went to just cash and cars, other than the fact that those two are probably what contestants would rather be given as a bonus prize?
 [/quote]
 THat was the reason given in a press release at the start of the 1996-97 season IIRC, around the time Harry Friedman took over Nancy Jones's producing duties.

bandit_bobby

WOF bonus round thoughts
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 05:47:50 PM »
I'd like to see them offer a Trip Around the World one week. They've offered a motorhome one week during the $100K Era, as well as gas for life during the first season of this era.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WOF bonus round thoughts
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 09:27:47 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 03:47 PM\'] as well as gas for life during the first season of this era. [/quote]
 You have to WIN that? I know a few diners that give it out for free, at least with purchase of a $2.99 Blue Plate Special...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WilliamPorygon

WOF bonus round thoughts
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 06:51:48 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 05:47 PM\'] ...as well as gas for life during the first season of this era. [/quote]
 I remember that.  They also had gas for a year as a prize in the maingame, and one lady won both that and the gas for life prize.  As Pat mentioned at the end of the show, "she gets free gas for life, and then for another year after that!"