The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Recycling set pieces

(1/2) > >>

Adam Nedeff:
I was watching a \"Hot Potato\" tape in my collection the other day, and at one point the camera veered further to the left than normal and revealed a huge column of orange \"bricks\" and frames of lights to the left of the team podium. It looked rather familiar so I dug out another tape, and sure enough the same column appears behind the contestant podiums on the 1985 version of \"Break the Bank\" (which might make sense since Kline & Friends was a \"splinter\" group of B&E).
So, question 1, does anyone know if this really was the same set piece?
Question 2, what other game shows have recycled set pieces from other shows? (Other than Whammy!'s use of old Card Sharks pieces, which I already know about)

Kevin Prather:
hmm. not sure. all's i know is gs SFX are recycled all the time.

zachhoran:
Judging from the sets of Wordplay and Wink's Trivial Pursuit, both of which were co-produced by Fiedler/Berlin Productions, it seems as though both had a lot of yellow tile-like squares contained within them. Whether recycled or not is another story.

Brandon Brooks:
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 09:20 PM\'] hmm. not sure. all's i know is gs SFX are recycled all the time. [/quote]
 ... Which of course has nothing to do with the question.

Brandon Brooks

tvrandywest:
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 09:36 PM\'] Judging from the sets of Wordplay and Wink's Trivial Pursuit, both of which were co-produced by Fiedler/Berlin Productions, it seems as though both had a lot of yellow tile-like squares contained within them. Whether recycled or not is another story. [/quote]
 Do you mean TP, or rather the companion shows \"Boggle\", Jumble\", \"Shuffle\" which I remember as having designs much more geometric than TP. Scott Storey did all those sets, and the square tile look was evocative of the telephone touch pad that home viewers were to use for the playalong \"playbreaks\".

Similar, perhaps, to \"Wordplay\" and even moreso to \"Crosswits\", iirc. But they were not recycled set pieces.

After all, there are just so many classic geometric shapes. All the ones we learned in geometry class plus the TPIR \"daisy\" that I first remember on \"The Mike Douglas Show\" in the early 60s, pre-dating its use on \"Dating Game\" and others.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version