Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy On-Line Test  (Read 15150 times)

irwinsjournal.com

Jeopardy On-Line Test
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »
Just curious: I thought there would be a thread about the Jeopardy On-Line Test which is taking place the next three nights as I type this (April 14-16).    I was a little surprised that there wasn't anything about it here.

Or maybe I'm the only one on this board who hasn't already tried it... therefore, it's a non-story?

I might give it a shot anyway... worst case is that I confirm that I don't have anywhere near a broad enough knowledge of material to be considered for the show.  (Cue Weird Al.)

George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

BrandonFG

Re: Jeopardy On-Line Test
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
I saw something about it a few weeks ago, but forgot all about it. I honestly haven't seen much about it, and don't even remember where I read the initial blurb.

Would love to just do it for fun. My former employer airs the show, and while I haven't worked there in three years, I'm not sure what the show's eligibility requirements offer for a statute of limitations.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »
Or maybe I'm the only one on this board who hasn't already tried it... therefore, it's a non-story?
I'd say it is a non-story because those who know of it have signed up for it and know about it, and those who haven't signed up probably aren't the group that would have a go anyway, so it doesn't move the needle.
Travis L. Eberle

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
Well, I did give it a shot.  It was fun, and I know I got some of the clues answered correctly.   

My most popular response was still, "What is I Have No Idea Alex?"

I don't think I'll need to wait by the phone for the audition call.  I'm glad I tried it, though.

/Why, yes, it IS easier just sitting on the living room couch
//"Start building again"

irwinsjournal.com

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »
When they asked for the capital of Estonia, I wonder if they'll accept "What is the letter E?"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »
When they asked for the capital of Estonia, I wonder if they'll accept "What is the letter E?"
That was a lone proud moment for me in a test where I was left wondering what kind of education my parents paid for.
Travis L. Eberle

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »

Wish I'd thought of that.  :)

The questions for the first on-line test are all posted on the Jeopardy! Facebook page.   I guess that means tonight's and tomorrow night's tests will be different.  [Yes, I know: Duh.]

irwinsjournal.com

colonial

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
Bumping this up to note that there will be an online test for Season 2 of Sports J! on May 19 at 10pm ET.   

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »
Just a reminder that the "Sports Jeopardy" online exam is tonight. You have until 9:00 ET to register.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 11:06:22 PM »
Apparently, from what I read, there were technical problems that resulted in some people getting an actual Jeopardy test, if the Facebook comments were any indication.

Curious, this.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

colonial

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »
Apparently, from what I read, there were technical problems that resulted in some people getting an actual Jeopardy test, if the Facebook comments were any indication.

Curious, this.

I know of at least a few FB friends that received the "classic" J! test instead of the sports one.  A few others, myself included, never got a test at all -- had the laptop on the J! test page 30 minutes before test time (same as with the "classic" test), but the test never launched.

I did send a letter to the technical suits to report the issue -- to be honest, I expect nothing to come from this (the show emphasized multiple times that last night at 10pm ET was the only time the test would be offered), but if there are enough complaints about incorrect tests and tests not being launched, the show could offer a makeup test or auditions to those affected.

JD

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »

Curious, this.

I know of at least a few FB friends that received the "classic" J! test instead of the sports one.  A few others, myself included, never got a test at all -- had the laptop on the J! test page 30 minutes before test time (same as with the "classic" test), but the test never launched.

I did send a letter to the technical suits to report the issue -- to be honest, I expect nothing to come from this (the show emphasized multiple times that last night at 10pm ET was the only time the test would be offered), but if there are enough complaints about incorrect tests and tests not being launched, the show could offer a makeup test or auditions to those affected.

JD

They should, if stuff like that was so widespread. At the very least give a do over to the ones who got the wrong test, because that's their screwup.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
Y'all realize that "taking a test to get on a game show" is not an inalienable human right, right?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »
Y'all realize that "taking a test to get on a game show" is not an inalienable human right, right?

Yes. That's not the point. If you're offering an audition test for a particular show, you need to make sure that everyone who is participating gets the same test.

Not getting in because of technical issues is one thing, not getting in because they didn't give you the proper test is another.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:10 PM »
Yes. That's not the point.

Then why do you keep beating this drum?

Not getting in because of technical issues is one thing, not getting in because they didn't give you the proper test is another.

Yep, they screwed a few people, and in so doing they might have screwed themselves out of a few potential contestants. Good thing, then, that they have plenty more (and I mean by a lot) than they need.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe