Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC summer sched- "500 Questions", "Battlebots", "Celebrity Family Feud"..  (Read 24838 times)

JayDLewis

Especially when there's another more famous anchor in the CNN family who's made no secret of his desire to host an intellectually engaging game show.

"Andy Richter Controls the Board"
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Fedya

And here I thought Matt was referring to Anderson Vanderbilt.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
A promo during Shark Tank last night showed Pam Mueller and I think Kevin Olmstead. It would appear they're going for real titans of trivia, and not random folks.
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

A promo during Shark Tank last night showed Pam Mueller and I think Kevin Olmstead. It would appear they're going for real titans of trivia, and not random folks.

I've taken those tests. Real titans of trivia would be the only people who could *pass* the damn thing.

Kevin Prather

Aaaaand they've got a viewer in me.

Toheckwiththis

I know who Kevin Olmstead is, but what shows has Pam Mueller been on?

tpirfan28

Jeopardy!.  College Tournament winner, multiple reunion tournament player.  Millionaire too.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BillCullen1

ABC is promoting 500 Questions as a seven night event starting May 20,. cutting down two nights from what was originally stated.

colonial

ABC is promoting 500 Questions as a seven night event starting May 20,. cutting down two nights from what was originally stated.

May simply be a case of opting not to air episodes Friday and Saturday, given how low ratings are for regularly-programmed shows both nights.

JD

Matt Ottinger

May simply be a case of opting not to air episodes Friday and Saturday, given how low ratings are for regularly-programmed shows both nights.

You'd like to hope it's something innocent like that, but it's not as if they just this second realized that Friday and Saturday were low-rated nights.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
You'd like to hope it's something innocent like that, but it's not as if they just this second realized that Friday and Saturday were low-rated nights.
To me it would make sense to program before or after Shark Tank. Deal or No Deal and Identity were only five episodes long anyway.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

Have you seen the ratings for last night's ABC programming? :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Bringing up Friday for a second....wasn't the first million dollar win on Millionaire broadcast on a Friday night?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
If so that's because it happened on a Thursday.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

Bringing up Friday for a second....wasn't the first million dollar win on Millionaire broadcast on a Friday night?
Yes. I distinctly remember it being the day after my birthday, Nov. 19, 1999. IIRC, John took the chair on the Thursday night episode.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!