Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438227 times)

Bob Zager

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #810 on: September 08, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »

Didn't see it, but would the difference have changed the number of discs received by each couple?  If the sweater was during a head-to-head stunt, then it absolutely would have.

Yep, it was a head-to-head stunt. Red sweater had plenty of static, green sweater had barely any, leading to a very easy win for the red team.

I just viewed the episode on YouTube, and it would not have made a difference.  The green team was leading $1,000 to the red team's $500, so the green team had the advantage in the Bonus Shuffle.

If the red team successfully completed their follow-up stunt, it would've been tied at $1,000 each, and each couple would've had only TWO discs

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #811 on: September 08, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »
If the red team successfully completed their follow-up stunt, it would've been tied at $1,000 each, and each couple would've had only TWO discs

I'm missing something here...isn't this the very textbook definition of "it would have made a difference?" If Red doesn't get a shot at that stunt, then they can't tie.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #812 on: September 08, 2016, 01:02:21 PM »
I think the basic issue is that Monty had outright stated the sweaters were identical aside from coloring, when in reality (as Ryan noted) they clearly weren't. If the green team had won the Bonus Shuffle despite this, then no harm done, but they didn't.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #813 on: September 08, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »
I think the basic issue is that Monty had outright stated the sweaters were identical aside from coloring, when in reality (as Ryan noted) they clearly weren't.
The sweaters could absolutely have been identical. There are a billion other factors that could have contributed to the level of storage or discharge of static electricity, and the producers should have realized that and bagged on the stunt before it ever made air.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #814 on: September 08, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
I just viewed the episode on YouTube, and it would not have made a difference.  The green team was leading $1,000 to the red team's $500, so the green team had the advantage in the Bonus Shuffle.

I don't even know how to explain the many levels on which you're incorrect.  If you're determined to die on this hill, I shall leave you there.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #815 on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:51 PM »
For my own edification, could someone point me to the relevant video?
Travis L. Eberle

Allstar87

« Reply #816 on: September 09, 2016, 12:59:17 AM »
For my own edification, could someone point me to the relevant video?

Here you go! :) Skip to 7:14 to go to the sweater stunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTC_bADQ0I

chrisholland03

« Reply #817 on: September 09, 2016, 11:20:41 AM »
Sweatergate '79 sponsored by Downy

:o

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #818 on: September 09, 2016, 04:03:23 PM »
And then there's the bonus stunt on that show.  The dishes were to be handled with one hand.  He used both on the last 5 dishes.

Who needs Standards and Practices?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #819 on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »
And then there's the bonus stunt on that show.  The dishes were to be handled with one hand.  He used both on the last 5 dishes.

Who needs Standards and Practices?

I know this is really not on topic but I could not help but be reminded of this when I read this post. NSFW.

http://youtu.be/wqnNURx3Y6Q
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #820 on: September 13, 2016, 11:28:32 AM »
This week Buzzr  is airing the first two weeks of MG '73. Shorter questions, hardly any audience reaction to matches or Super Match responses by the celebs. In the 2nd week, the audience starts clapping when celebs match.  No music when the chosen celeb writes the head-to-head answer. For part of the 2nd week they had women in the men's seats and vice versa. Dawson was in Brett's seat.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #821 on: September 13, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »
This week, Buzzr continues its "fresh" episodes of Press Your Luck. They're in March 1984 now, yet according to the online schedule page, next Monday they'll suddenly jump to 1985. Guh?

snowpeck

« Reply #822 on: September 13, 2016, 01:43:07 PM »
This week, Buzzr continues its "fresh" episodes of Press Your Luck. They're in March 1984 now, yet according to the online schedule page, next Monday they'll suddenly jump to 1985. Guh?
That's an indication that the "fresh" episodes will end after this week. The random episodes they've pulled for holiday marathons are in the regular rotation, so that's the 7/4/85 episode they ran in last year's Independence Day marathon.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JohnXXVII

« Reply #823 on: September 14, 2016, 04:16:05 PM »
It looks like "fresh" episodes of the black and white shows will continue into next week, making it 4 weeks in a row of "new" episodes for them.

Have they aired "fresh" episodes of Family Feud 80 or Match Game 78 during the past 3 weeks?

jimlangefan

« Reply #824 on: September 14, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
Looks like on October 10th, there will be a slight schedule change.  The schedule will remain the same but Blockbusters will be replaced by Body Language & Tattletales will replace Press Your Luck. 
TV's Big Dealer