Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436003 times)

aaron sica

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #735 on: May 29, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
Is it me or do a lot of the mouth breathers have such a disregard for complete sentences?

Jermaine has been around the Internets for years. I've seen much, much bigger run on sentences from him.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #736 on: May 29, 2016, 06:19:18 PM »

Donna appears to be the world's most devoted Martin Milner fan, with a photo of Milner as her Facebook profile and Lots-O-Martin Milner photos on her timeline.

I wonder if anyone has ever been arrested for stalking a grave site...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #737 on: May 29, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »
Curious for Donna's sake:  Has GSN ever run a Martin Milner episode?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chrisholland03

« Reply #738 on: May 30, 2016, 11:36:37 AM »
Curious for Donna's sake:  Has GSN ever run a Martin Milner episode?

Yes ;)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #739 on: May 30, 2016, 05:38:56 PM »
That's interesting that they are calling that Indianapolis, when Terre Haute is a Nielsen market in its own right.

Chris, do you easily pick up the Terre Haute stations with an antenna where you are? I would assume the Terre Haute stations aren't on Indy cable, right?

Correct. I don't pull the other Terre Haute stations via my antenna, but lo and behold, there's Buzzr. Perhaps 28's tower is a lot closer than the 2 and 38's are.

Anyway, I have Buzzr. Cool.
@lambertman

Thunder

« Reply #740 on: May 30, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »
10:14 PM. Well within the timeframe for BUZZR Birthday Celebration Scratcher contest entries...

I didn't expect any more, honestly.

BrandonFG

« Reply #741 on: May 30, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
Down for the holiday, perhaps? That's all I got.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Thunder

« Reply #742 on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »
I was quite surprised to see the promotion come back to life.

There's five winners per day, each in a 2 to 3 hour window according to the official rules. Two $25 Amex gift cards, two $50 gift cards and a $100 one. $250 a day for three days. They're not spending too much money on this, for sure.

trainman

« Reply #743 on: May 31, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »
Correct. I don't pull the other Terre Haute stations via my antenna, but lo and behold, there's Buzzr. Perhaps 28's tower is a lot closer than the 2 and 38's are.

I did a little research, and it looks like the transmitters for other Terre Haute stations are due south of town along U.S. 41. Channel 28's transmitter is east-by-northeast of Terre Haute, and actually appears to be closer to Indy than Terre Haute.
trainman is a man of trains

Sodboy13

« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »
Watching '80s LMAD tonight. They left the original commercials in one of the breaks, which is certainly unexpected. Someone forgot to trim them, I imagine.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #745 on: June 08, 2016, 06:36:48 PM »
I'd wager their screener mistook national ads for the show's plugs and left them in on accident. Considering the network is leaving in most of the plugs on other shows (except for mid-break ones, like Tattle Tales, that exist on a virtual island) it's an easy error for the untrained eye to make. I've seen other syndicated shows whose masters included national commercial breaks, like New Newlywed Game & The Challengers.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

jimlangefan

« Reply #746 on: June 15, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »
Programming note for BUZZR next week.  LMAD & Tattletales will be preempted next week for the Celebrity Family Feud & Match Game special.
TV's Big Dealer

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #747 on: June 17, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »
I'd wager their screener mistook national ads for the show's plugs and left them in on accident. Considering the network is leaving in most of the plugs on other shows (except for mid-break ones, like Tattle Tales, that exist on a virtual island) it's an easy error for the untrained eye to make. I've seen other syndicated shows whose masters included national commercial breaks, like New Newlywed Game & The Challengers.
This episode has been posted on YouTube.  Start at 17:31 if you want the commercials, as well as a mid-break bumper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZIIsieaN-E
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jimlangefan

« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »
BUZZR will be doing an all day B&W marathon on July 1st to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Game Show.  It will begin at 6 AM EST and 8 hours of What's My Line? will kick it off, followed by 8 hours of I've Got A Secret, and then 8 hours of To Tell The Truth will close the marathon.
TV's Big Dealer

The Pyramids

« Reply #749 on: June 25, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »
I do not get the network. Does BUZZR air cigarette sponsored episodes of their B/W shows?