Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 435965 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #690 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »
Lesson just learned:

Don't ever Bing "ass cream" with SafeSearch turned off.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2016, 12:15:52 AM »
I know there's no way around it, but I laugh at those Generic Show Descriptions. It reminds me of The Price is Right's "These toaster pastries are a delicious way to start your day." and "This butt cream is soothing and relaxing for your swollen blood vessels."
For some reason, I got a chuckle out of the fact that, for LMAD, they are specific about the price of the Big Deal.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2016, 12:45:01 AM »
So I guess we have to start calling the Black & White Coffee Break the Black & White Dinner Break?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2016, 01:50:44 AM »
So I guess we have to start calling the Black & White Coffee Break the Black & White Dinner Break?
That's not a permanent change. It's for that one day only.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2016, 07:46:06 AM »
Lesson just learned:

Don't ever Bing "ass cream" with SafeSearch turned off.

I scream, you scream, ...
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

SwohS Emag

« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
The June 1 event may be a "Buzzr's First Birthday" event.  I'm guessing both the Super Password and PYL eps will be the first episode followed by the one-year-anniversary episode.  The TTTT episode's first subject includes Cecil Underwood, the first subject on TTTT's first episode.  The IGAS 10th anniversary ep is probably the closest thing that they have air-ready at this point.  Not sure about WML.  Also not sure about FF, but glad to see new stuff on the way.

snowpeck

« Reply #696 on: May 17, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »
The June 1 event may be a "Buzzr's First Birthday" event.  I'm guessing both the Super Password and PYL eps will be the first episode followed by the one-year-anniversary episode.  The TTTT episode's first subject includes Cecil Underwood, the first subject on TTTT's first episode.  The IGAS 10th anniversary ep is probably the closest thing that they have air-ready at this point.  Not sure about WML.  Also not sure about FF, but glad to see new stuff on the way.
Good deduction. Now that I look at it, the WML episode is their fifth anniversary show as well.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jimlangefan

« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2016, 06:27:45 PM »
I would have liked to have seen the original syndie version of LMAD continue, but I will definitely take this for sure!!
TV's Big Dealer

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »
I know there's no way around it, but I laugh at those Generic Show Descriptions. It reminds me of The Price is Right's "These toaster pastries are a delicious way to start your day." and "This butt cream is soothing and relaxing for your swollen blood vessels."
For some reason, I got a chuckle out of the fact that, for LMAD, they are specific about the price of the Big Deal.
They also list their videos for LMaD on YouTube in a similar fashion.  Perhaps for some reason (this is purely speculation), the people behind BUZZR think by pimping the dollar value, more people are inclined to tune in.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #699 on: May 17, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »
They also list their videos for LMaD on YouTube in a similar fashion.  Perhaps for some reason (this is purely speculation), the people behind BUZZR think by pimping the dollar value, more people are inclined to tune in.

Buzzr likes to identify individual episodes of several of its other series by original air date (or for What's My Line?, by mystery guest), rather than by production number. Maybe the Big Deal value is how Buzzr individually identifies LMaD episodes? (Here I'm assuming that this syndicated version did not have fixed air dates -- I could be wrong about that.)

Press Your Luck loops back around to episode one on Thursday. Aw.

snowpeck

« Reply #700 on: May 17, 2016, 08:58:49 PM »
Buzzr hasn't uploaded any full episodes to YouTube. That's someone else's account. Other than airdate (not applicable in a syndicated show) or episode number, how do you differentiate episodes of LMAD though?

BrandonFG

« Reply #701 on: May 17, 2016, 09:55:16 PM »
Buzzr hasn't uploaded any full episodes to YouTube. That's someone else's account. Other than airdate (not applicable in a syndicated show) or episode number, how do you differentiate episodes of LMAD though?
"Bob and Karen from Wichita (Laurel and Hardy costume) played for a Chevette and lost. Cindy from San Bernardino (bunny rabbit costume) won a washer and dryer. $9,431 Big Deal."

/Or something :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jimlangefan

« Reply #702 on: May 18, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
Good deduction. Now that I look at it, the WML episode is their fifth anniversary show as well.

This is the case it looks like.  BUZZR just sent out an email stating that Let's Make A Deal will be new all month long beginning June 1st and there will be a sweepstakes scratcher each day from May 30th to June 1st.  Also there will be special marathons of Celebrity Family Feud, Match Game, & To Tell The Truth.  I would assume this would be to coincide with the premieres of those shows on ABC.
TV's Big Dealer

Sodboy13

« Reply #703 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:39 PM »
Saw a tweet that Buzzr is now available in Indianapolis. I believe it's on 28.1.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #704 on: May 18, 2016, 10:59:35 PM »
I may be crazy but over the years I've grown to like the 70s syndie series far better than the 1984 series. Everything on the latter version just seems too loud and garish where as the first one is the right combination of wacky and class.

Maybe that's strange but hey.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022