Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436041 times)

SwohS Emag

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
Zap2It shows that the default lineup on Sunday, May 22, will be replaced with panel shows.  It even lists an hour worth of half-hour TTTT segments (as opposed to 40 minutes), suggesting episodes from 1969 or later will be aired.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #676 on: May 09, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
I was watching a Double Dare episode on YouTube a few minutes ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= J-u363T2fsw; I can't remember how to link to the video without embedding it, sorry :( ), and it had a long promo for Buzzr's "75 years of the TV game show" celebrations starting at the 3:32 mark. While there's a bunch of clips in there, one around 3:56 caught my eye since it was from Split Personality.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:53:20 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TPIR75

« Reply #677 on: May 09, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
On top of Card Sharks with Bob Eubanks, Blockbusters has been refreshed starting this week as well.

According to the online schedule, Press Your Luck is also refreshing this week.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #678 on: May 10, 2016, 07:52:52 PM »
According to the online schedule, Press Your Luck is also refreshing this week.

Press Your Luck is currently in the two weeks of episodes that were "new" when Buzzr refreshed it a couple of months or so ago. The next new-to-Buzzr episode will be the one that aired on 2/9/84. I don't know whether the schedule shows that as coming up, as it would still be more than a week away.

I think they said they planned to air Michael Larson's episodes sometime during the summer, so if they plan on doing that as part of the chronological order, they'll have to start airing new-to-Buzzr episodes sooner rather than later.

Buzzr has started airing a PYL promo that includes some Whammy animations that have yet to appear in episodes, for whatever that's worth.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #679 on: May 10, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
Zap2It shows that the default lineup on Sunday, May 22, will be replaced with panel shows.  It even lists an hour worth of half-hour TTTT segments (as opposed to 40 minutes), suggesting episodes from 1969 or later will be aired.

Default meaning the primetime lineup, I take it?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SwohS Emag

« Reply #680 on: May 11, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »

Default meaning the primetime lineup, I take it?

Yes - By "default," I intended to pithily imply that the schedule of programming that occurs on a Buzzr Sunday evening when no special promotions or events are otherwise airing.  The May 22 event is listed to start at 6pm ET, so the default lineup in this case would be PYL from 6-8, then SOTC/BTC/DD from 8-11 and repeated from 11-2.

Another example of a default lineup on Buzzr weeknights would have included FF x 2 at 5pm ET, Super Password x 2 at 6pm ET, and PYL x 2 at 7pm ET.  However, the default setting was changed on April 25, replacing the 6pm ET hour of SP with Card Sharks (Eubanks).

PYLdude

« Reply #681 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »
All you had to say was "yes".
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

PYLdude

« Reply #682 on: May 12, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
And apparently it is only for a week. Wonder why.

Thunder

« Reply #683 on: May 16, 2016, 02:05:27 AM »
Saw these on BUZZR's Facebook page and had to chuckle...

and

:D

PYLdude

« Reply #684 on: May 16, 2016, 02:27:35 AM »
I'm chuckling more at the one like on the first one than the actual post itself.

The second screenshot I feel is missing context... was there a death hoax we were unaware of?

aaron sica

« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2016, 08:23:47 AM »
I'm chuckling more at the one like on the first one than the actual post itself.

I'm checking even more at same said person complained about spam on their facebook page. Uh, hello, pot? This is kettle....

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »

Buzzr's site says two 1971 eps will air.

And BL moved ahead to the 4/2/85 ep.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Thunder

« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »

The second screenshot I feel is missing context... was there a death hoax we were unaware of?

Nope. That just stood out there all by itself. No context whatsoever. Which made it much more bizarre, of course.

snowpeck

« Reply #688 on: May 16, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »
I figured out how to get more advanced schedules from Buzzr's website. The schedule for June 1 seems to be a marathon of some sort. Can't figure out what though. Also of note, that night LMAD refreshes with episodes from 1985. The regular lineup returns the next day, but with 1985 LMAD continuing.

Some things that are hard to discern what they are, but I at least spy the 1987 Ray Combs Family Feud pilot in there.

4:00pm
Super Password 84
Two teams, consisting of a celebrity guest and a contestant, guess words from one word clues given by their partners, with each "password" a clue to the "password puzzle" (the name of a person, place or thing).

4:30pm
Super Password 85
Two teams, consisting of a celebrity guest and a contestant, guess words from one word clues given by their partners, with each "password" a clue to the "password puzzle" (the name of a person, place or thing). (original airdate 9/23/1985)

5:00pm
Press Your Luck 83
Three players use spins on a wheel to collect cash and prizes while trying to avoid the "Whammy" who bankrupts a player. (original air date: 9/19/83)

5:30pm
Press Your Luck 84
Three players use spins on a wheel to collect cash and prizes while trying to avoid the "Whammy" who bankrupts a player.

6:00pm
To Tell The Truth 61
A celebrity panel tries to guess which of three contestants is the person they are claiming to be. (original airdate 12/18/1961)

6:40pm
I've Got a Secret 62
Four celebrity panelists try to guess the secret of a contestant by asking questions of that person that result in "yes" or "no" answers. Tenth anniversary show. (original airdate 6/18/1962)

7:20pm
What's My Line? 55
Four celebrity panelists try to guess the occupation of a guest by asking questions that result in yes or no answers. Mystery guest: Pearl Bailey

8:00pm
Let's Make A Deal 85
Contestants attempt to trade items for prizes with the possibility of winning something more valuable or a worthless piece of junk called a "Zonk." Today's big deal is worth $9,046.

8:30pm
Let's Make A Deal 85
Contestants attempt to trade items for prizes with the possibility of winning something more valuable or a worthless piece of junk called a "Zonk." Today's big deal is worth $9,426.

9:00pm
Family Feud 77
Two families, each composed of five members, compete against each other to guess the answers with the results of a survey of one hundred people.

9:30pm
Family Feud 80
Two families, each composed of five members, compete against each other to guess the answers with the results of a survey of one hundred people.

10:00pm
Family Feud 87
Pilot. Two families, each composed of five members, compete against each other to guess the answers with the results of a survey of one hundred people.

10:30pm
Family Feud 89
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Thunder

« Reply #689 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:37 PM »
I know there's no way around it, but I laugh at those Generic Show Descriptions. It reminds me of The Price is Right's "These toaster pastries are a delicious way to start your day." and "This butt cream is soothing and relaxing for your swollen blood vessels."