Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438095 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
Mark Deetjen: "As a programmer, these are the fans that you dream about. They also happen to be, sometimes, the fans that you have nightmares about. They’re so, so smart about the genre that you cannot stumble because they are so good."

Gotta give him points for diplomacy.

Our creative services people got in touch with the people at Spiegel Catalog

That's Spiegel, Chicago, 60609.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #601 on: February 11, 2016, 09:54:03 PM »
At first I thought, "Wait, didn't Spiegel go out of business 20 or 25 years ago?" But then I remembered a Montgomery Ward catalog showed up at our house this week. Ah, zombie brands!
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TraderRob

« Reply #602 on: February 12, 2016, 12:20:50 AM »
Family Feud was new to Buzzr today, resuming with episode 80-101 Prewett vs. Cea.

When Buzzr left off, the show was about to move to noon, to be commemorated by the Dallas Cowboys players vs. cheerleaders episodes that we saw on Sunday. Does Buzzr's resumption come before or after those episodes? (i.e., Did Buzzr presumably jump over those episodes because they just aired them, or might the episodes show up again very soon on the schedule?)

80-101 I have as airing on Thursday, June 26, 1980. 80-102 on June 27 and then I'm honestly not sure. The Dallas Cowboys/Cheerleaders (80-116 to 80-119) aired June 30-July 3. Richard has had virtually no opening monologue and so it's hard to pinpoint what day of the week it is, possibly because even the production staff didn't know. Not sure if the show aired on July 4 or not.

gsfan85

« Reply #603 on: February 12, 2016, 12:48:22 AM »
Is there an episode guide online somewhere that these episode numbers/family names can be found on? 
Thanks!

ivoryman1986

« Reply #604 on: February 12, 2016, 01:25:08 AM »
Douglas(SRIV94) has that the Feud was pre-empted on April 24, 1980 so it did air on July 4.

aaron sica

« Reply #605 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:19 AM »
Douglas(SRIV94) has that the Feud was pre-empted on April 24, 1980 so it did air on July 4.

I think he goes by Doug..

TraderRob

« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2016, 02:54:21 AM »

Ok, perfect. As I was looking at airdates in others' collections, I saw that I was off by a day sometime shortly after the Guice's appearances. Thanks for confirming the actual date.

jimlangefan

« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »
Heads up, Sale is airing the premiere of the syndie version tonight. Bet that is because of the Buzzr Bowl stunt.

Don't think we're gonna see John again until the 21st.

That is correct.  According to Buzzr's schedule for Valentine's Day, after the Valentine's Day marathon Buzzr will continue from last night's episodes.
Not to be Negative Nelly, but could this be really just be the end of their most recent batch of new episodes of the Sunday night shows?

It looks like it is indeed the case.  According to Buzzr's schedule for next Sunday night they are continuing from last Sunday night, so they have started repeating again.
TV's Big Dealer

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #608 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
Meanwhile, the TT episodes that aired Sunday are airing this week (9AM ET), so maybe we'll be moving forward in the run for a couple of weeks.  That would mean the permanent start of the all-quickie format would start airing Monday (and finish airing next Friday :) ).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #609 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:07 PM »
Heads up, Sale is airing the premiere of the syndie version tonight. Bet that is because of the Buzzr Bowl stunt.

That is correct.  According to Buzzr's schedule for Valentine's Day, after the Valentine's Day marathon Buzzr will continue from last night's episodes.
Not to be Negative Nelly, but could this be really just be the end of their most recent batch of new episodes of the Sunday night shows?

It looks like it is indeed the case.  According to Buzzr's schedule for next Sunday night they are continuing from last Sunday night, so they have started repeating again.

Source?

Only because I would like to keep up.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jimlangefan

« Reply #610 on: February 16, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »

Source?

Only because I would like to keep up.

http://www.buzzrplay.com/schedule  Then click on Sunday.
TV's Big Dealer

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #611 on: February 16, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
Jaimal, I'm assuming you're on desktop or tablet because the mobile setup only allows me to view two days. Nor does it display any info as to the particular episodes of the various Buzzr shows.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #612 on: February 17, 2016, 10:50:51 AM »
Meanwhile, the TT episodes that aired Sunday are airing this week (9AM ET), so maybe we'll be moving forward in the run for a couple of weeks.  That would mean the permanent start of the all-quickie format would start airing Monday (and finish airing next Friday :) ).

Or maybe this Friday at 9:30.  The first two episodes of the following taping (William Shatner/Amanda Blake/Bobby Van/Elaine Joyce) aired this morning.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jimlangefan

« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2016, 11:20:41 AM »
Match Game '78 is also new this week.  The Star Wheel era will begin today and will continue into next week as well.  But at the rate BUZZR is going, the new episodes will end when they switch over to the new set.
TV's Big Dealer

jimlangefan

« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »
Super Password will be new again for two weeks starting February 29th.  They should pick up from where they left off in the tournament.
TV's Big Dealer