Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438442 times)

gsfan85

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:34 AM »
I know pretty much everyone else on this board has probably seen it already, but I'd just like to say I'm enjoying the hell out of John Goss' $OTC run.

Certainly not alone in that. I really hadn't seen any of it except for John's finale (at least hadn't remembered it) and even though I knew what was going to happen it's still fun to watch.

Although they're not going to be picking back up with the Sunday night block again until the 21st, right? Or are the Buzzr Bowl and Valentines' stunts not all day affairs?

/seriously looking forward to Buzzr Bowl for some reason
//haven't seen any Combs Feud in years
///really don't know how I missed the AFC vs.NFC QB showdown

It looks like the Sunday night block is still airing at 11pm eastern on the next two weekends.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #586 on: February 04, 2016, 01:15:21 AM »
I know pretty much everyone else on this board has probably seen it already, but I'd just like to say I'm enjoying the hell out of John Goss' $OTC run.

Certainly not alone in that. I really hadn't seen any of it except for John's finale (at least hadn't remembered it) and even though I knew what was going to happen it's still fun to watch.

Although they're not going to be picking back up with the Sunday night block again until the 21st, right? Or are the Buzzr Bowl and Valentines' stunts not all day affairs?

It looks like the Sunday night block is still airing at 11pm eastern on the next two weekends.

According to what?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

gsfan85

« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »

According to what?

According to Titan TV, and my TiVo digital listings.

Sodboy13

« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2016, 10:53:53 PM »
In addition to the Cowboys/Cheerleaders and NFC/AFC quarterbacks games featured in the ads, tonight's Buzzr Bowl featured a regular civilian game, because one of the family members had been in a Super Bowl, playing for the Raiders. Someone in the research department had to dig deep for that. Also, this game was pretty far out of their regular rotation - it's a syndicated episode, and I think it's from the tail end of the $300 era.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »
Heads up, Sale is airing the premiere of the syndie version tonight. Bet that is because of the Buzzr Bowl stunt.

Don't think we're gonna see John again until the 21st.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

jimlangefan

« Reply #590 on: February 08, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
Heads up, Sale is airing the premiere of the syndie version tonight. Bet that is because of the Buzzr Bowl stunt.

That is correct.  According to Buzzr's schedule for Valentine's Day, after the Valentine's Day marathon Buzzr will continue from last night's episodes. 
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #591 on: February 08, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »

That is correct.  According to Buzzr's schedule for Valentine's Day, after the Valentine's Day marathon Buzzr will continue from last night's episodes.
Not to be Negative Nelly, but could this be really just be the end of their most recent batch of new episodes of the Sunday night shows?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jimlangefan

« Reply #592 on: February 08, 2016, 01:22:43 PM »

Not to be Negative Nelly, but could this be really just be the end of their most recent batch of new episodes of the Sunday night shows?

Depends.  If they only did ten episodes, then yes it would be.  If they did 20 episodes, like the double play weekday shows, then there is another 5 weeks to go.
TV's Big Dealer

PYLdude

« Reply #593 on: February 08, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
Wait a second...if the new round of episodes premiered with John dethroning the champ, and it didn't take him 10 shows to break the bank, then don't we still have at least two eps to go before they flip?

jimlangefan

« Reply #594 on: February 08, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »
Wait a second...if the new round of episodes premiered with John dethroning the champ, and it didn't take him 10 shows to break the bank, then don't we still have at least two eps to go before they flip?

Didn't they start new Sunday night episodes on the 3rd of January?  If they did, the 5 weeks are up, if they did 10 episodes.  If they didn't, then yes we have the 21st.
TV's Big Dealer

TraderRob

« Reply #595 on: February 11, 2016, 01:01:32 AM »
Family Feud was new to Buzzr today, resuming with episode 80-101 Prewett vs. Cea.

PYLdude

« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »

Didn't they start new Sunday night episodes on the 3rd of January?  If they did, the 5 weeks are up, if they did 10 episodes.  If they didn't, then yes we have the 21st.

Upon further review, the first mention of new episodes for the Sunday night lineup was January 4 and sotcfan2004 posted on the the 10th that the new episodes were airing with John's first step on the road to breaking the bank.

chad1m

« Reply #597 on: February 11, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »
Buzzr posted the
with GM, Ron Garfield, and SVP of Programming, Mark Deetjan from WBZ's The Morgan White Show a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few quotes that I think this group will find relevant.

On the schedule’s repeats:

Ron Garfield, EVP/General Manager of Buzzr: "It’s just a matter of getting these episodes cued up through the… broadcast production process… We have 40,000 episodes and we’re looking to have all of them on the air at some point or another… This was the big surprise I gave Mark [Deetjen, VP, Programming & Operations at Buzzr] when we brought him in. We had 75 days to launch this channel once we got the official okay to do it… and all of these episodes, all of this great content, was sitting in a vault in multiple kinds of format: one-inch tape, half-inch tape, two-inch tape, and we literally had to scramble to get the content ready for broadcast… We have been just systematically through the process so then we can eventually, hopefully, have all 40,000 digitized. I think as you watch… you’re seeing new episodes every week. So, every week, 25, 30 different episodes from different titles are showing up on Buzzr. So, stay tuned. Much more to come."
They also noted that the Michael Larson game of Press Your Luck is coming later this year.

On upcoming programming this year:

Ron Garfield: "We’ve got about 60 different titles that we’re looking through, but most importantly, I think you’ll see as the year progresses… this is the 75th anniversary of the television game show. So, what we’re doing throughout the entire year… is we’ve put together an overarching programming strategy… So, what you’ll see throughout the year… is all different titles and all different episodes of titles that are going to be coming through the lineup."
Mark Deetjen: "One of the things that we really want to do is we want to expand beyond Match Game ’78. We want to make sure we get to some of that 1973, when it first came back. We want to bring in ’73 and ’75 and we want to bring back more of the broad flavor of Match Game. You also see Ray Combs on Family Feud, you’ll also see the original versions of Password and Password Plus with Allen Ludden and things like that. You’ll see things like Trivia Trap, will be coming. And obviously we brought in Double Dare, we’ll also bring in Now You See It, which was a Jack Narz Show. So, we’ll start going through not just the different titles but also the different eras of the titles."

On The Price Is Right:

Mark Deetjen: "We would love to have all the original episodes of The Price Is Right. I mean, we get a lot of requests from that all the time. There’s a lot of people that are interested in The Price Is Right and it’s a little bit more complicated but we’re in constant communication with them and we’re really working as hard as we can to get Price Is Right. So, hopefully we’ll be able to make some announcements but right now, we’re just working to try to get it.
"While it is part of the Goodson-Todman library, there are also a number of parties with interest in the show. We’re working out all of those details and we are most certainly endeavoring to get that show on our channel. As the head of programming, it would be a massive coup for me and I also know that it would satisfy you, the viewers, in a big way. I would love to do a primetime lineup of The Price Is Right followed by Let’s Make a Deal, probably the two most iconic game shows from my youth that I remember so vividly."

On Buzzr’s fans:

Ron Garfield: "I’ve launched a lot of television networks and the last few years and I don’t think I’ve seen an audience as knowledgeable, as passionate and as outspoken as the Buzzr audience. They tell us what we do right, they’ll tell us what we do wrong, they respond constantly on social media and it’s really been, it’s great. It’s great to hear people are that invested and we’re making that kind of connection with people."
Mark Deetjen: "As a programmer, these are the fans that you dream about. They also happen to be, sometimes, the fans that you have nightmares about. They’re so, so smart about the genre that you cannot stumble because they are so good."

On the network’s promotions:

Ron Garfield:  "We’ve got a pretty amazing creative services team. Everything you see on the air is actually done by four guys: writing, producing, editing and then they do just a fantastic job for us.
"When we were putting together the vignettes that you see, we did some called Whatever Happened To? Our creative services people got in touch with the people at Spiegel Catalog… We’ve set up a meeting with the people at Spiegel. It’s amazing what they have and what they’re doing. We’re going to be talking to them about doing some things hopefully later on in the year."

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #598 on: February 11, 2016, 07:39:10 PM »
Family Feud was new to Buzzr today, resuming with episode 80-101 Prewett vs. Cea.

When Buzzr left off, the show was about to move to noon, to be commemorated by the Dallas Cowboys players vs. cheerleaders episodes that we saw on Sunday. Does Buzzr's resumption come before or after those episodes? (i.e., Did Buzzr presumably jump over those episodes because they just aired them, or might the episodes show up again very soon on the schedule?)

ivoryman1986

« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »
Like I said and based on Jason Cranmer's collection of Body Language episodes, they go by production order, meaning the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders vs. Players tournament began on 80-116. Check the past GSN PDFs to show the proof.