Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438426 times)

Thunder

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »
Their promotional ineptitude seems to still be around...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2016, 11:21:09 PM »
Forgot about Magazine. There was news coverage of the pope's visit to America on 10/3 also that preempted most of daytime, according to several newspapers, so I'm not sure how that affected BTC. Still, the point is Buzzr isn't skipping any episodes.

It didn't appear to - not accounting for any late changes, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette shows only TPiR being preempted for the Pope's Visit on 10/3.

According to the Chicago Tribune, CBS covered from 10:30 - 12N ET (preempting WHEW! and TPIR), NBC covered from 11AM - 12N (preempting HR and WoF), and ABC stayed with its daytime lineup.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
Their promotional ineptitude seems to still be around...

To be fair, it's standard procedure to contact winners of a contest like this individually before the names of the winners are released.  Using the names of the winners as part of publicity would be part of the paperwork a winner would sign in order to receive his/her prizes.

Granted, the BUZZR intern could have chosen more proactive phrasing, but again, SOP for a media company writing a statement of this sort.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Thunder

« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2016, 04:15:00 PM »
But it's been 3+ weeks.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2016, 06:44:44 PM »
But it's been 3+ weeks.

So what is the normal over-under on when a sweepstakes drawing closes and when the winners are released to the public?  It's possible that something like this takes 30 days.  It's also possible that the drawing has already happened, in which case if you were a winner, you would have already been contacted.

Again, poor choice of language from the BUZZR intern.  That doesn't mean that the time that is being spent is inappropriate.

As a random dart on the board, I googled sweepstakes rules and the first link was one from Wal-Mart.  There's a 12-day lag from the time that the on-line entry method closes to the actual draw date.  But that also has an additional window for mail-in entries.  It takes about a week after that to notify the winners, and then the winners have a two-week window to affirm their status.  That would push their drawing that ends in January to a March deadline for confirming winners.  Then they would probably do the press release a couple of weeks after that, assuming they release a list of winners at all.

If you feel that what I've just given you as an example deviates from the norm, I'd like to know how and why.  Otherwise, I think this entire line of complaining is unnecessary.

Now, if you just have to know who won, many sweepstakes offer a means to get a copy of the winners list by mailing in a request.  Presuming you have a copy of the official rules for the BUZZR drawing, feel free to make such a solicitation, and put up a copy of it here when it comes.

And if you didn't keep a copy of the rules, then it's not that important to you; so let it go.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

narzo

« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2016, 10:29:04 PM »
just found out that a Buzzr TV rep is being interviewed on WBZ radio at this moment (9:28pm central time).  As I write this, he's addressing the rerun issue.  He says it's all a conversion issue. 

EDIT:  The Lasron episodes of PYL are coming later this year, as a two-parter (duh). 

EDIT2:  They want to expand the MG into 1973 and on, they want to add "Password" and "Password +".  They want to add "Trivia Trap" and "Now You See It".  Would love to add TPIR but "it's complicated" because "there are a lot of other parties interested in the show". 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:56:34 PM by narzo »

cmjb13

« Reply #561 on: January 31, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »
I don't buy that TPIR line for one second....
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Allstar87

« Reply #562 on: January 31, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »
They want to add "Trivia Trap" and "Now You See It".

Was Wordplay mentioned at all?

BrandonFG

« Reply #563 on: January 31, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »
Would love to add TPIR but "it's complicated" because "there are a lot of other parties interested in the show".
Out of curiosity, did he mention whether it was the Barker or Carey era? I imagine that could cause some of the complications, no?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #564 on: January 31, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
I don't buy that TPIR line for one second....
He probably just meant lots of hurdles and hoops to jump through with CBS and possibly Barker.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cmjb13

« Reply #565 on: January 31, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »
Of course that's the real reason.

But to say there are other interested parties appears to be nothing more than hogwash
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

snowpeck

« Reply #566 on: January 31, 2016, 09:40:26 PM »
Of course that's the real reason.

But to say there are other interested parties appears to be nothing more than hogwash
How else does he mention CBS, Barker and whoever when he was obviously trying not to mention them by name?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cmjb13

« Reply #567 on: January 31, 2016, 10:45:52 PM »
There are plenty of reasons they could give...

It's taking time to convert the shows
It will be on the schedule at some point
There are "clearance" issues

I can certainly see them airing Carey's version even though it may not fit within the theme of the channel.

The fact that Barker TPIR hasn't had reruns anywhere in 16 years, just about says it all.

BrandonFG

« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2016, 12:24:38 AM »
The fact that Barker TPIR hasn't had reruns anywhere in 16 years, just about says it all.
I have no idea how the network skews, but there is a generation of high school or college students who may barely remember Barker's final years on the show*, and weren't even born when he peaked in the late-80s/early-90s. I could see Buzzr working hard to get those episodes, even if it's just for a "Lost and Found" kinda event.

/*If you're one of those people, get off my damn lawn
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #569 on: February 01, 2016, 09:08:53 AM »
Great, that means it's a possibility that for those who have Buzzr right now will be seeing the Teen Week and Butch Hartman's reign(for those of us who been tuning in to GSN in the years past know that the Teen Week came BEFORE Butch Hartman's reign). Maybe hoping that Buzzr is airing Body Language in the production order.

...huh?

Whatever he said, I sincerely doubt we're going to see more than two weeks before we go back to repeats.

And indeed they went back to the week of 1/21-25/85.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)