Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438436 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2016, 03:18:55 AM »
Buzzr has brought out some fresh episodes of Match Game for their Betty White marathon tonight.  They are airing the week of #1276-1280, the week before Richard Dawson's departure, right now.

With a bonus ep from before the set change, with McLean Stevenson and Didi Carr joining the rest.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jimlangefan

« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
It looks like Body Language is airing new episodes along with PYL as well.
TV's Big Dealer

ivoryman1986

« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2016, 01:07:52 AM »
Great, that means it's a possibility that for those who have Buzzr right now will be seeing the Teen Week and Butch Hartman's reign(for those of us who been tuning in to GSN in the years past know that the Teen Week came BEFORE Butch Hartman's reign). Maybe hoping that Buzzr is airing Body Language in the production order.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2016, 03:14:14 AM »
Great, that means it's a possibility that for those who have Buzzr right now will be seeing the Teen Week and Butch Hartman's reign(for those of us who been tuning in to GSN in the years past know that the Teen Week came BEFORE Butch Hartman's reign). Maybe hoping that Buzzr is airing Body Language in the production order.

...huh?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #544 on: January 20, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »

...huh?

Whatever he said, I sincerely doubt we're going to see more than two weeks before we go back to repeats.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jimlangefan

« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2016, 01:26:31 PM »
On top of the Sunday night lineup, Press Your Luck,  and Body Language still airing fresh episodes this week starting today BUZZR will refresh To Tell The Truth with Bud Collyer.
TV's Big Dealer

gsfan85

« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
It looks like according to their schedule and airdates listed, Buzzr will be skipping a few Beat the Clock and Sale of the Century episodes (unless this has already happened this past Sunday).

jimlangefan

« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
It looks like according to their schedule and airdates listed, Buzzr will be skipping a few Beat the Clock and Sale of the Century episodes (unless this has already happened this past Sunday).

I don't know about Beat The Clock, but Sale is airing in order. 
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »

Definitely not skipping any of either show going by the airdates at Buzzrplay.com. And the shows that refreshed last week look to be only two weeks worth of episodes again. PYL goes back to November 1983 next Monday.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

gsfan85

« Reply #549 on: January 27, 2016, 12:27:17 AM »

Definitely not skipping any of either show going by the airdates at Buzzrplay.com. And the shows that refreshed last week look to be only two weeks worth of episodes again. PYL goes back to November 1983 next Monday.

You're right about Sale, but Beat the Clock premiered Monday 10/17/79.  If my calculations are correct, this weekend should be episode 18 and 19 (should have aired Wed 10/7 and Thu 10/8/79).  Buzzr has 10/11 and 10/12 listed.

Was an episode skipped somewhere along the way?

snowpeck

« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2016, 01:09:06 AM »

You're right about Sale, but Beat the Clock premiered Monday 10/17/79.  If my calculations are correct, this weekend should be episode 18 and 19 (should have aired Wed 10/7 and Thu 10/8/79).  Buzzr has 10/11 and 10/12 listed.

Was an episode skipped somewhere along the way?
10/5 and 10/8 aired on January 10. January 17 was a Match Game marathon. There were no listings last Sunday, but they were presumably 10/9 and 10/10. If any were skipped, it was in the previous batch of episodes.

EDIT: Episodes 18 and 19 should have aired 10/11 and 10/12.  There was a preemption on 10/3. And besides, 10/7 and 10/8/79 were a Sunday and Monday.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:38:09 AM by snowpeck »
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

ivoryman1986

« Reply #551 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:49 AM »
Actually, BTC was pre-empted on October 4 and November 1, 1979 IIRC with the Sharon Lovejoy program on those days, so only 33 episodes total before it went All-Star.

aaron sica

« Reply #552 on: January 27, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »
Actually, BTC was pre-empted on October 4 and November 1, 1979 IIRC with the Sharon Lovejoy program on those days, so only 33 episodes total before it went All-Star.

What s/he is referring to is "Magazine".

snowpeck

« Reply #553 on: January 27, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »

What s/he is referring to is "Magazine".
Forgot about Magazine. There was news coverage of the pope's visit to America on 10/3 also that preempted most of daytime, according to several newspapers, so I'm not sure how that affected BTC. Still, the point is Buzzr isn't skipping any episodes.

aaron sica

« Reply #554 on: January 27, 2016, 01:37:12 PM »
Forgot about Magazine. There was news coverage of the pope's visit to America on 10/3 also that preempted most of daytime, according to several newspapers, so I'm not sure how that affected BTC. Still, the point is Buzzr isn't skipping any episodes.

It didn't appear to - not accounting for any late changes, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette shows only TPiR being preempted for the Pope's Visit on 10/3.