Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438336 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #525 on: January 11, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
Jonsy, why do you care about a channel you can't watch? That's PJTP.

Normally, I would agree but let's put this in perspective.  Back in the day, how many of us cared about and discussed GSN even though we couldn't watch it?

Times have changed.

Besides the point, I highly doubt most of those conversations were carried on by people who spoke as if they were able to watch the channel, like Jonsy does.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Winkfan

« Reply #526 on: January 11, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
Back in the day, how many of us cared about and discussed GSN even though we couldn't watch it?

I admit I'm "guilty as charged" over doing such a thing: Over at that board which I will not mention, I made some programming ideas for GSN even though I didn't have it at the time. Now I'm tempted to do the same over BUZZR; but like they say, "Put Up or Shut Up!"

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

PYLdude

« Reply #527 on: January 11, 2016, 11:14:43 PM »
Oh, I know those posts are coming at some point. And not looking forward to them when they do.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

snowpeck

« Reply #528 on: January 12, 2016, 03:55:16 AM »
Per Buzzr's website, looks like Press Your Luck is moving on starting January 18. IIRC, they stopped at the 1/11/84 episode before. On that date they're running the 1/12 and 1/13 episodes.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

« Reply #529 on: January 12, 2016, 05:25:48 AM »
Per Buzzr's website, looks like Press Your Luck is moving on starting January 18. IIRC, they stopped at the 1/11/84 episode before. On that date they're running the 1/12 and 1/13 episodes.

Nice.

So where are we in regards to the other shows in the rotation? They haven't all moved on to later episodes, right?

(I really wanna see them start showing different Card Sharks episodes...maybe it's just me but I feel like, with the early ruleset it had, the Money Cards was for the most part a slog through the muck.)

jimlangefan

« Reply #530 on: January 12, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »

Nice.

So where are we in regards to the other shows in the rotation? They haven't all moved on to later episodes, right?

(I really wanna see them start showing different Card Sharks episodes...maybe it's just me but I feel like, with the early ruleset it had, the Money Cards was for the most part a slog through the muck.)

Right. As of next Monday the only new shows are Blockbusters, Super Password, Press Your Luck, Sale Of The Century, Hall's Beat The Clock, & Double Dare.  But that doesn't mean possibly others won't be moving forward next Monday either.  Other than the year, the shows listed above are the only ones that had airdates on the schedule.
TV's Big Dealer

SwohS Emag

« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »
I'm suspicious:  there has been zero promotion of the TTTT color airings tomorrow night...I'm beginning to think it's some kind of error or joke.  Also, the website guide does not have a schedule posted for Sunday at all, and on Monday (overnight Sunday) at 1:30am it lists Match Game.  Zap2It suggests that the entire Sunday night block will be replaced by a Match Game marathon this weekend.

Also - next week, an airing of Super Password in the 6pm hour is indicated as the Halloween episode.  I infer that they added 20 SP episodes (two weeks' worth) to Buzzr's slate.

snowpeck

« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2016, 07:31:09 PM »
Apparently the outside company that was handing Buzzr's PR is no longer doing so, so I'm still trying to work contacts to find out what the TTTT airings are about.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

snowpeck

« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Okay, well I got the dirt. Tomorrow's TTTT stunt is to honor Mark Goodson's birthday (apparently it was his favorite show.) He will be featured in the episodes they run.

There will also be a Betty White marathon for her birthday on January 17 from 8P-2A. Will mostly be shows from last month's stunt.

I'm supposed to hear about other new programming initiatives in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:28:09 PM by snowpeck »

BrandonFG

« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
Greg, are you privy to any word on how the affiliate additions are coming along?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2016, 08:30:10 PM »
Greg, are you privy to any word on how the affiliate additions are coming along?
I literally just made a new press contact in the last hour, but if I find anything out I'll let you know.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »
Okay, well I got the dirt. Tomorrow's TTTT stunt is to honor Mark Goodson's birthday (apparently it was his favorite show.) He will be featured in the episodes they run.

There will also be a Betty White marathon for her birthday on January 17 from 8P-2A. Will mostly be shows from last month's stunt.

I'm supposed to hear about other new programming initiatives in the coming weeks.

Thanks so much!  That solves a lot of mysteries.

chad1m

« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »
An extended promo identifies some upcoming contests and promotions as Buzzr Brackets, We Lost It, You Found It Sweepstakes and the "Summer Sweepstakes."

jimlangefan

« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2016, 11:37:50 PM »
Buzzr's online schedule currently confirms four episodes of To Tell the Truth (70s) will air in primetime on Thursday 1/14.
Specifically from the year 1970, so they should be from the psychedelic set era.

Not only that, according to the schedule, the second airing that night has three episodes from 1971.  So unless it's a typo, we'll probably be treated to 8 episodes that night.

Watching right now, this is correct.  We are getting 8 different episodes of 1969-1978 TTTT.  The first five have been a week hosted by Bill Cullen with Mark Goodson & Durwood Kirby on the panel.  The three episodes from 1971 have Garry hosting with Mark Goodson & Martha Mitchell (wife of the US Attorney General at the time) on the panel.  BUZZR, as usual custom, have also left in the fee plugs as well. These shows have been pretty good so far!
TV's Big Dealer

TPIR75

« Reply #539 on: January 17, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
Buzzr has brought out some fresh episodes of Match Game for their Betty White marathon tonight.  They are airing the week of #1276-1280, the week before Richard Dawson's departure, right now.