Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436062 times)

jimlangefan

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #510 on: January 04, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
It's really great to hear that five shows are getting fresh episodes after all this time.  I may not have Buzzr, but at least i can see some of the episodes somehow .  Even though only two of the chosen five air daily, and of those two, only Super Password interests me.  Will be great to see the start of John Goss's run on $ale, since GSN skipped it.  Either way, it's a step in the right direction for sure.

Makes me wonder why there are no fresh episodes of PYL yet.  I wonder if GSN may be planning to lease fresh episodes after the current one expires, and the lease may follow the same format as Match Game and $25K Pyramid currently on GSN (remainder of '86 followed by some previously-leased eps. for PYL)?

From the looks of it and Buzzr's comments they are going to gradually bring new episodes to the network.  They are just starting with these 5.   I removed the first sentence of my reply as I misunderstood what you meant about John Goss's run on GSN.  Sorry about that.

This is probably their attempt to make the "new" episodes stretch out farther by only having a few shows refresh at a time.

IF Buzzr brings shows to the schedule like GSN does and do something like 60 at a time, the Sunday night lineup can go 30 weeks before repeating, but shows that get a double play daily won't last very long.  6 weeks tops for those shows.  But who knows?  We'll see how long it lasts, but I am very excited for the Sunday nights to pick back up!
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #511 on: January 04, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
It's really great to hear that five shows are getting fresh episodes after all this time.  I may not have Buzzr, but at least i can see some of the episodes somehow .  Even though only two of the chosen five air daily, and of those two, only Super Password interests me.  Will be great to see the start of John Goss's run on $ale, since GSN skipped it.  Either way, it's a step in the right direction for sure.

Makes me wonder why there are no fresh episodes of PYL yet.  I wonder if GSN may be planning to lease fresh episodes after the current one expires, and the lease may follow the same format as Match Game and $25K Pyramid currently on GSN (remainder of '86 followed by some previously-leased eps. for PYL)?

From the looks of it and Buzzr's comments they are going to gradually bring new episodes to the network.  They are just starting with these 5.   I removed the first sentence of my reply as I misunderstood what you meant about John Goss's run on GSN.  Sorry about that.

This is probably their attempt to make the "new" episodes stretch out farther by only having a few shows refresh at a time.

IF Buzzr brings shows to the schedule like GSN does and do something like 60 at a time, the Sunday night lineup can go 30 weeks before repeating, but shows that get a double play daily won't last very long.  6 weeks tops for those shows.  But who knows?  We'll see how long it lasts, but I am very excited for the Sunday nights to pick back up!
Exactly. Promote new episodes for a third of your shows for six weeks, then another third of your shows for six weeks, then the last third of your shows for six weeks. Then maybe by then you can start all over again.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SwohS Emag

« Reply #512 on: January 07, 2016, 08:59:07 AM »
Zap2It currently lists a two-hour block of To Tell the Truth from 8-10pm ET on Thursday, January 14.  What is interesting about this is that it is listed as half hour blocks rather than 40-minute segments, suggesting these may be special airings of 70s era or later.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #513 on: January 08, 2016, 09:40:54 AM »
Buzzr's online schedule currently confirms four episodes of To Tell the Truth (70s) will air in primetime on Thursday 1/14.

snowpeck

« Reply #514 on: January 08, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »
Buzzr's online schedule currently confirms four episodes of To Tell the Truth (70s) will air in primetime on Thursday 1/14.
Specifically from the year 1970, so they should be from the psychedelic set era.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jimlangefan

« Reply #515 on: January 08, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »
Specifically from the year 1970, so they should be from the psychedelic set era.

Not only that, according to the schedule, the second airing that night has three episodes from 1971.  So unless it's a typo, we'll probably be treated to 8 episodes that night.
TV's Big Dealer

SwohS Emag

« Reply #516 on: January 08, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

I suppose this is wishful thinking, but there's a possibility (not a probability) that the 1970 episodes might be from season 1 of this version.  That season has never rerun on GSN.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #517 on: January 08, 2016, 09:47:34 PM »

I suppose this is wishful thinking, but there's a possibility (not a probability) that the 1970 episodes might be from season 1 of this version.  That season has never rerun on GSN.

Weren't the season 1 episodes wiped? (Or at least, not in the G-T master list.)
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

JonSea31

« Reply #518 on: January 09, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »
The online schedule for the coming week on Buzzr shows Super Password entering February 1985 by the end of the week.  If all goes well, we may end up seeing the full Tournament of Champions relatively soon.

As for the claim about Season 1 being wiped, keep in mind it's just a claim, and maybe it's a case of GSN's copies being damaged, whereas the master copies at FremantleMedia may likely exist.  GSN's copies of classic game shows may not be from the studio masters - they may be from the network copies.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #519 on: January 09, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
Jonsy, why do you care about a channel you can't watch? That's PJTP.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2016, 04:36:15 AM »
Okay, one thing I noticed while watching the WML? episodes that were aired tonight...are the ones that air on the weekend on a different schedule than the ones airing during the week?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

sotcfan2004

« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2016, 08:05:28 PM »
As I type, BUZZR is airing John Goss' first episode, previously skipped by GSN. Looks like I'll need to set the DVR for the later showing.

PYLdude

« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2016, 03:07:26 AM »
I didn't remember where BTC was when they started rerunning but Double Dare picked up from where it had left off, so all appears good.

TPIR75

« Reply #523 on: January 11, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
I didn't remember where BTC was...

The last episode I have in my collection from Buzzr is #13, October 3; last night they picked up where they left off.

jimlangefan

« Reply #524 on: January 11, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
Jonsy, why do you care about a channel you can't watch? That's PJTP.

Normally, I would agree but let's put this in perspective.  Back in the day, how many of us cared about and discussed GSN even though we couldn't watch it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:35:00 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer