Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438059 times)

aaron sica

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #495 on: January 04, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
Buzzr just posted on their FB page touting new eps of SP, $ale, BTC, Blockbusters, and Double Dare, so Doug, your assessment of SP moving forward is correct.

snowpeck

« Reply #496 on: January 04, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
Buzzr just tweeted this. Make of it what you will.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jimlangefan

« Reply #497 on: January 04, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »
I've been told Blockbusters started airing new episodes this morning.  Also it looks like the Sunday night lineup will refresh this coming Sunday night as well.  If it goes back to where it left off, John Goss' run should start this Sunday night.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:36:46 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #498 on: January 04, 2016, 01:27:55 PM »
This is good news...hopefully Buzzr can gain new affiliates as a result.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #499 on: January 04, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
Is that picture of $ale of the Century from 1983?  Those look like the original buzzers from what I can see of the picture.  Of course, they could have always thrown in a press photo or something too.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jimlangefan

« Reply #500 on: January 04, 2016, 01:37:24 PM »
Is that picture of $ale of the Century from 1983?  Those look like the original buzzers from what I can see of the picture.  Of course, they could have always thrown in a press photo or something too.

Yes it is from 1983, but the schedule still has Sale in 1985.
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #501 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
The $ale picture looks like a frame grab from YouTube.

EDIT: It is a frame grab from YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gak_OVaTOc
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sodboy13

« Reply #502 on: January 04, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »
Hey, neat! Good to hear they're adding "new" content.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

chad1m

« Reply #503 on: January 04, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
It's odd to me how much Buzzr uses that just comes from image searches. They sent out a Christmas gift in a box adorned with screen grabs - including the Password episode of The Odd Couple and a still from GSN's airing of Press Your Luck in their 50 Greatest Game Shows marathon with upper-screen bug visible.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #504 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Buzzr just posted on their FB page touting new eps of SP, $ale, BTC, Blockbusters, and Double Dare, so Doug, your assessment of SP moving forward is correct.

I must've gotten a different set of episodes. This afternoon's SPs were from premiere week.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jimlangefan

« Reply #505 on: January 04, 2016, 04:19:55 PM »

I must've gotten a different set of episodes. This afternoon's SPs were from premiere week.

The second airing will be the new episodes then it will repeat tomorrow morning.
TV's Big Dealer

JonSea31

« Reply #506 on: January 04, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »
It's really great to hear that five shows are getting fresh episodes after all this time.  I may not have Buzzr, but at least i can see some of the episodes somehow .  Even though only two of the chosen five air daily, and of those two, only Super Password interests me.  Will be great to see the start of John Goss's run on $ale, since GSN skipped it.  Either way, it's a step in the right direction for sure.

Makes me wonder why there are no fresh episodes of PYL yet.  I wonder if GSN may be planning to lease fresh episodes after the current one expires, and the lease may follow the same format as Match Game and $25K Pyramid currently on GSN (remainder of '86 followed by some previously-leased eps. for PYL)?
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

jimlangefan

« Reply #507 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
It's really great to hear that five shows are getting fresh episodes after all this time.  I may not have Buzzr, but at least i can see some of the episodes somehow .  Even though only two of the chosen five air daily, and of those two, only Super Password interests me.  Will be great to see the start of John Goss's run on $ale, since GSN skipped it.  Either way, it's a step in the right direction for sure.

Makes me wonder why there are no fresh episodes of PYL yet.  I wonder if GSN may be planning to lease fresh episodes after the current one expires, and the lease may follow the same format as Match Game and $25K Pyramid currently on GSN (remainder of '86 followed by some previously-leased eps. for PYL)?

From the looks of it and Buzzr's comments they are going to gradually bring new episodes to the network.  They are just starting with these 5.   I removed the first sentence of my reply as I misunderstood what you meant about John Goss's run on GSN.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:48:37 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #508 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

From the looks of it and Buzzr's comments they are going to gradually bring new episodes to the network.  They are just starting with these 5.   I removed the first sentence of my reply as I misunderstood what you meant about John Goss's run on GSN.  Sorry about that.

This is probably their attempt to make the "new" episodes stretch out farther by only having a few shows refresh at a time.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #509 on: January 04, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
It's odd to me how much Buzzr uses that just comes from image searches.
Probably also why the Beat the Clock logo above is from the Gene Wood version.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...