Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436321 times)

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2015, 03:29:55 AM »
Buzzr has its first affiliate in Tennessee... WKUW-LD in Nashville which apparently launched this week. So close, yet so far.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2015, 03:35:42 AM »
The way I see it, if it'll help them to start pushing more stuff out there and not rely on the same forty or whatever episodes of the same handful of shows they have, I'll take the added affiliation as a good sign.

I find it a little strange though that, by comparison, the one show they seem to not push as hard is Let's Make a Deal- if only because it seems like they're content to just have it anchor the primetime lineup weeknights.

/would love to see some Now You See It again
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:59 AM »
I guess I'll jump in with a question, since I don't have access...is there any series left (besides Price) that Buzzr hadn't shown yet?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jimlangefan

« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
I guess I'll jump in with a question, since I don't have access...is there any series left (besides Price) that Buzzr hadn't shown yet?

There's quite a few that Buzzr hasn't shown.  Outside of the current schedule, Buzzr has only shown one episode of Password Plus and that was on the 4th of July. 
TV's Big Dealer

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
They've also shown various things in promos that never ended up airing otherwise:
* A clip of the unsold Take Your Choice appeared in promos for Lost & Found week.
* Clips of Wordplay and Trivia Trap showed up in promos for the Pick & Play Sweepstakes.
* Clips of the 1984-86 Let's Make A Deal have been used in various promos since before the network's launch.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

jimlangefan

« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »
They've also shown various things in promos that never ended up airing otherwise:
* A clip of the unsold Take Your Choice appeared in promos for Lost & Found week.
* Clips of Wordplay and Trivia Trap showed up in promos for the Pick & Play Sweepstakes.
* Clips of the 1984-86 Let's Make A Deal have been used in various promos since before the network's launch.

Forgot Ray Combs' version of Feud was only shown during the Lost & Found Week as well. 
TV's Big Dealer

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »
That it was (both the CBS and syndicated runs were represented), along with Match Game (1960s and '73) and the 1970s Now You See It.

(And nearly all those pilots, barring the 1963 Let's Make A Deal! which they'd aired a couple times prior to said week.)

There's quite a few that Buzzr hasn't shown.
Including pretty much all of Goodson-Todman's pre-1973 productions that weren't their "big three" panel shows or Price.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:11:51 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

narzo

« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »
Even looking at the Buzzr originals on youtube has me wondering how much has Fremantle thrown in the towel on the project, or at least really scaled back funding.  The studio seems to be a thing of the past, and everything appears to be shot in someones apartment.  I'm afraid our little niche, might be more niche than they were thinking and hoping. 

Thunder

« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
From a business sense, I don't really see any motivation for them to throw any more money at this venture right now.

It has affiliates and it's broadcasting (or whatever the hell that's called for a channel like this).

jage

« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2015, 01:03:15 AM »
Maybe they'll consider the Crackle route in addition to what they have. Then having only 20 episodes of each show isn't as big of a deal and they can rotate in a few new eps each week instead of having to encode several hours a day. Plus they get much higher penetration.

PYLdude

« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2015, 03:15:09 AM »
I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Even the most niche of niche groups isn't going to watch the same twenty episodes of the same shows over and over again. Some variety has to start showing up. This is a company with a huge library of programming. Certainly they can put some more of it to use.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2015, 06:06:42 AM »
I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Even the most niche of niche groups isn't going to watch the same twenty episodes of the same shows over and over again. Some variety has to start showing up. This is a company with a huge library of programming. Certainly they can put some more of it to use.

Maybe they're trying to reach the occasional viewer.  Many times I've wanted to see a movie on TCM after starting watching in the middle, to never see it listed again.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #492 on: January 01, 2016, 08:32:43 PM »
Apparently SP is moving forward.  Next week, BUZZR will start airing the rest of the last taped-week of 1984 (they aired the Monday show [1/14/85] before cycling back) and the first taped-week of 1985 (which was only four shows because of Reagan's second inauguration). 

Anything beyond that or any other shows, I don't know.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Sodboy13

« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
Buzzr is airing a new promo, calling 2016 "The Year of the Game Show" in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the first game show telecast. The only new content in it is some color-era What's My Line? and word that they'll be airing Ben Stein's Game Show Moments Gone Bananas blooper shows. There was a mention of showing some never-aired goodies, though it was accompanied by footage of last year's "Lost & Found" pilots. Hopefully, there's a fresh batch coming our way sometime this year.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

« Reply #494 on: January 03, 2016, 11:39:42 PM »
I've seen them use a clip or two of the syndicated What's My Line? in the promos they run for the Time Machine block. So while nothing new, it does intrigue me a bit.

Like I said, it can't hurt to trot some new stuff out (well, new for them).