Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436319 times)

chad1m

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »
I'm assuming there's nothing on tonight for Halloween? Their social media has been posting pictures and videos from Combs' Feud Halloween episodes but they never announced they were airing anything.

snowpeck

« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
I asked my PR contact a couple weeks ago and she said Buzzr had no Halloween plans. The only thing they ran tonight was the Halloween 1984 episode of Super Password. Everything else was regular episodes... the three B&W shows and a random Tattletales.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sodboy13

« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2015, 01:35:09 AM »
Buzzr ran a block of $oTC in the "Time Machine" block Saturday night, presumably in tribute to Jim Perry. It was just a handful of the syndie eps they've already shown on Sunday nights.

Also, I've started watching these 1983 PYL episodes, and it's a bit odd to see the show before it hit the stride I remember. The staging, the contestants, the question writing - it's all really rough around the edges.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

jimlangefan

« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »
Buzzr ran a block of $oTC in the "Time Machine" block Saturday night, presumably in tribute to Jim Perry. It was just a handful of the syndie eps they've already shown on Sunday nights.

BTW if you watched or recorded it for later viewing, they did show syndie episode #8 which they had previously skipped on the regular Sunday Night airing.
TV's Big Dealer

SwohS Emag

« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »

BTW if you watched or recorded it for later viewing, they did show syndie episode #8 which they had previously skipped on the regular Sunday Night airing.

Does this mean that next up on the Sunday night rotation is episodes #16 and #17, presuming they continue chronologically?  I believe GSN skipped #16 during its recent rerun cycles.

I have been tracking BtC, which will be airing #14 and #15 this week*, and Double Dare, which will be airing #15 and #16*.

*Presuming that there are no skips, repeats, etc.

jimlangefan

« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »
Yes they will air #16 & #17 of Sale this Sunday night.
TV's Big Dealer

Allstar87

« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2015, 07:46:30 PM »
Right now the Buzzr schedule says the first two are rerunning this Sunday.

Hopefully it's just a mistake.

jimlangefan

« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
Right now the Buzzr schedule says the first two are rerunning this Sunday.

Hopefully it's just a mistake.

Of course they would, just as they start John Goss' run.  Also, assuming they repeat the rest of the night as well, they would cut back to the beginning of Double Dare in the middle of Alan Lusher's run.
TV's Big Dealer

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #443 on: December 04, 2015, 12:59:44 AM »
Yeah, wait, I watched that Sale marathon last weekend, and they skipped #8 then, too. They showed 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9.

Did something happen to that #8 we don't know about?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Thunder

« Reply #444 on: December 04, 2015, 02:49:55 AM »
The Latex Incident.

jimlangefan

« Reply #445 on: December 04, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
Buzzr has begun to drop hints at what they have in store for the holidays.  They are advertising a White Christmas with a silhouetted picture of Betty White.  I'm thinking either a Betty White hosted marathon like GSN's 12 Games of Christmas marathon or a marathon of shows featuring Betty White.
TV's Big Dealer

SwohS Emag

« Reply #446 on: December 04, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
Zap2It is showing the primetime schedule for the week of 12/14 is 2x Match Game and then 3x TTTT.

The Pyramids

« Reply #447 on: December 04, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »
Is Ray Combs 'Feud' on the network? What Dawson shows have they been playing? I do not get the channel.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #448 on: December 04, 2015, 07:33:47 PM »
Is Ray Combs 'Feud' on the network?
Not yet, although Buzzr did air some episodes as part of their "Lost and Found" week back in September: a 1992 pilot for Family Feud Challenge (with a much different format than the series), the first half-hour of a '92 Challenge episode featuring soap stars, and a syndicated "Celebrity Impersonators" episode from early 1993.

What Dawson shows have they been playing?
From what I can tell, episodes from early February to about early May 1980.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

narzo

« Reply #449 on: December 04, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »
just a "what if?" I want to toss out.  What if GSN is responsible for Buzzr only having access to such a small number of shows?

Fact:  GSN has had a contract leasing (I guess is the word) shows from Fremantle for a number of years.

Fact:  Buzzr is a competitior to GSN.

What if GSN said to Fremantle, "hey, we don't like this.  Even though we don't use much of your library, who has more viewers?  Who has been a long time customer?  Who has contractual exclusivity (which is a possibility) to your episodes anyway?  Look, let this little channel start up, but only lease them 50 episodes or else we sue you for breach of contract."

Fact (I guess): Buzzr is frustrated over their lack of access to the free mantle episodes, this is the only scenario I can see making sense.