Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436053 times)

CJBojangles

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2015, 09:48:16 AM »
I find it amusing they used a picture of Convy from TattleTales for the Super Password link and a picture of him from Super Password for the TattleTales link.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
I think most of us assumed that the reason Buzzr wasn't airing two episodes per day of shows like Blockbusters and Child's Play was because if they did, they would reach the end of the series too quickly. But we're stuck in what seems like a perpetual rerun cycle, so...?

Buzzr's been running little teases about upcoming shows, with a couple of random facts about each. The one I just saw for Tattletales included, "This show changed its format after 30 days," and the voiceover explains, "Producers felt the show wasn't working, so the changed the format to the one we all know and love."

They've run that promo since nearly the beginning -- so I counted 30 episodes from the premiere and tuned in that day, curious whether the show would make a big deal about the format change. The Buzzr airings have since gone well past 30 episodes without a format change.

Those little trivia promos aren't always the most accurate -- one of the Super Password promos implies that Super Password was the first version of Password ever to allow opposites as clues.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
These niggling little accuracy issues probably don't matter to the average promo viewer, but they're disappointing nonetheless because I think we all expected better from the Buzzr people.  They are the keepers of the biggest archive of classic game shows that there is, so you'd like to think that they'd keep somebody on staff who really knows that history and could look out for errors.  It wouldn't even have to be that person's full-time job, just somebody who knows.  Sort of what David Schwartz does at GSN.

Overall, I think they're doing a pretty good job of keeping the fans engaged, with original airdates and the fact that they're even running trivia-oriented promos at all.  And oh my goodness, that pilots week!  I wish I understood why they're constantly rerunning a relatively small number of episodes -- I really think there's something we don't know at work there.  But this far in, I was really hoping for more, even from a tiny operation like this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gamed121683

« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »
Did you know that Fremantle owns Wordplay (and something about a Sunday Night "You Pick It, We Play It" schedule change/promotion).

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/44819/buzzr-asks-game-show-fans-to-program-its-sunday-night-with-retro-episodes/

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »
Did you know that Fremantle owns Wordplay (and something about a Sunday Night "You Pick It, We Play It" schedule change/promotion).

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/44819/buzzr-asks-game-show-fans-to-program-its-sunday-night-with-retro-episodes/

Being a Syd Vinneage production, it's not surprising.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gamed121683

« Reply #425 on: October 05, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »

Being a Syd Vinneage production, it's not surprising.

Yeah, for some reason I thought it was by Warner Bros. You learn something new every day, I guess.

TimK2003

« Reply #426 on: October 05, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »

Yeah, for some reason I thought it was by Warner Bros. You learn something new every day, I guess.

Close...It was Scotti Brothers....another record label around in the 80s.

Considering Wordplay has yet to be seen anywhere since 1987-88, that would be my first choice.

Also of note, even if you don't currently get Buzzr, it may be worth your time & effort to vote and to enter the Sweepstakes...  Based on the number of survey questions you need to answer to enter, they may be looking to see what area(s) of the country are wanting the channel, but don't have it yet. 

They might use the survey data to help convince more stations to sign on, since rerunning a few weeks of the same episodes five or six times in a row does not seem to be doing the trick.  But then again, they are rerunning a few weeks of the same episodes five or six times in a row, so using research data may not have crossed their minds yet.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #427 on: October 05, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »
For all the criticism we have leveled toward Buzzr, it occurs to me that there's only one title on that list that made me say, "Yes, of course, why isn't that show on the schedule already?" and no other titles come to mind which should be on that list. (Well, with the one obvious exception. But I have to assume that if Buzzr could get permission to air that, they'd be doing it already.)

On the other hand, I tried to vote for a show (without entering the sweepstakes), and the site won't let me do it without being logged into Facebook.

dheine1971

« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2015, 08:21:04 AM »
Even with RERUN ABUSE and BUZZR not making a profit or something like that, I hope the BUZZR channel doesn't go on LIFE SUPPORT or something like that to cause its demise before 2015 is over or even next month.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
Even with RERUN ABUSE and BUZZR not making a profit or something like that, I hope the BUZZR channel doesn't go on LIFE SUPPORT or something like that to cause its demise before 2015 is over or even next month.

I understand they have secured a major sponsorship with Pop Tarts, with the stipulation that they only run ads produced in the early '90s. So you're fine.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jimlangefan

« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
According to the online schedule, The B & W Shows will get a daily daytime repeat starting November 2nd airing from 12 PM to 2 PM EST.  This will replace the afternoon repeat, repeat (yes I know said that twice lol) airings of Child's Play, Body Language, Blockbusters, and Card Sharks.
TV's Big Dealer

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #431 on: October 29, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
......"oh but I don't like Black & White"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #432 on: October 29, 2015, 11:26:39 PM »
According to the online schedule, The B & W Shows will get a daily daytime repeat starting November 2nd airing from 12 PM to 2 PM EST.  This will replace the afternoon repeat, repeat (yes I know said that twice lol) airings of Child's Play, Body Language, Blockbusters, and Card Sharks.

It's actually 12 - 2 CT (1 - 3 ET).  (Believe the schedule on the website automatically adjusts to your time zone.)

And that's too bad--not that I don't like the B&W stuff but I kinda liked being able to watch BL in the morning and seeing if I wanted to record the reair.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #433 on: October 30, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
I also am a little disappointed, because I like "Blockbusters" but I don't like being awake at 6:00 in the morning.

As of right now, the schedule says that starting next week, the two hours of "Press Your Luck" will consist of different episodes (although the second hour then shows up in the first hour of the following day, so only one time slot needs to be followed to see a continuous run). However, they're jumping back to the first episode again.

snowpeck

« Reply #434 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
According to the online schedule, The B & W Shows will get a daily daytime repeat starting November 2nd airing from 2 PM to 4 PM EST.  This will replace the afternoon repeat, repeat (yes I know said that twice lol) airings of Child's Play, Body Language, Blockbusters, and Card Sharks.
The promos for the block are calling it "Black and White Coffee Break" with a female announcer urging viewers to take a break from laundry and housework to tune in.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)