Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436010 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2015, 07:42:18 PM »
The only things that come to my mind are the short-lived Goodson shows (Mindreaders, Number Please, What's Going On?, etc.) or, possibly, unsold pilots. They could use this to air the pilots of shows they've already got on the schedule, too.

I seem to remember GSN used to do something with "lost episodes" of things like "To Tell the Truth" and "I've Got a Secret" around 1995 or 1996.
That was "The Lost Episodes", a Friday-night block in 1997 that aired cigarette-sponsored episodes of various B&W Goodson shows, most notably Two for the Money and (for the only time on the network) Judge for Yourself. Only lasted seven weeks before the "Dark Period" kicked in.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

CJBojangles

« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:35 PM »
In other words, when that graphic pops up, the round is about to end.

Admittedly I hadn't noticed this, but now that I do, I can't unsee it. Thanks a lot, Scott! :P

jimlangefan

« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2015, 03:23:35 AM »
Here's a commercial that started airing this week explaining what Buzzr Lost & Found is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOFUU6A49tU
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2015, 03:30:24 AM »
Here's a commercial that started airing this week explaining what Buzzr Lost & Found is.
Ooh, rare/short lived shows and unaired pilots. Neato!
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2015, 03:50:30 AM »
Holy crap. Not just unaired pilots, but unsold ones too! Star Words, Body Talk, TKO, and something I've never heard of called Take Your Choice (hosted by Fred Allen, I think).

Random, but I thought it interesting: the "Door #4" shown at the start of the promo is in the early-1970s style.

gamed121683

« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2015, 07:19:26 AM »
Holy crap. Not just unaired pilots, but unsold ones too! Star Words, Body Talk, TKO, and something I've never heard of called Take Your Choice (hosted by Fred Allen, I think).

Random, but I thought it interesting: the "Door #4" shown at the start of the promo is in the early-1970s style.

Something tells me this should make up for all the complaining of the consistent reruns. As for "Door #4", I'm sure that was a Photoshop job to keep with the "Bizzaro World" theme of the promo. Still, it did its job of catching your eye, no?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
Exactly what I hoped for but couldn't let myself believe.  Hopefully some good collector type will record these for those of us who are Buzzrless.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Buzzr has put the promo up on their Facebook page. A couple of minor differences - Now You See It's mention is replaced by pilot On a Roll and a different TKO clip is used.

BillCullen1

« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »

As Geoff Edwards would have said, "Right you are."

BrandonFG

« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »
This sounds pretty awesome. Crossing my fingers that I can get Buzzr before the beginning of next month!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Exactly what I hoped for but couldn't let myself believe.  Hopefully some good collector type will record these for those of us who are Buzzrless.

I'll second that!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

arrowood20

« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
I think they are all pilots. Aside from the unsold shows, the ones that went to TV all look like they are from pilots. Both "Match Game" clips are pilots, as was LMAD. Also, look closely at the "Double Dare" clip. There was never a time the isolation booths didn't have the red and green designs on their back walls on the actual series. I've seen snippets of the "Now You See It" pilot, and the game board stayed the same into the series, so that may also be from the pilot. Fremantle certainly has a number of pilots to choose from, so hopefully this will last a while.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
Huh. Good eye on that Double Dare clip, didn't realize that.

Fremantle certainly has a number of pilots to choose from,
Oh, definitely. Genuinely curious as to how Fremantle's gonna go about this.

so hopefully this will last a while.
QFT.

gamed121683

« Reply #403 on: August 20, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »
...Fremantle certainly has a number of pilots to choose from, so hopefully this will last a while.

Well, it should last for at least a week.

https://twitter.com/BUZZRplay/status/634494970783793155

jimlangefan

« Reply #404 on: August 20, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
...Fremantle certainly has a number of pilots to choose from, so hopefully this will last a while.

Well, it should last for at least a week.

https://twitter.com/BUZZRplay/status/634494970783793155

According to a reply to a comment Buzzr made on Facebook, the pilots are for one week only.  So maybe they'll concentrate on different things each week?
TV's Big Dealer