Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 435991 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #375 on: August 01, 2015, 03:22:56 AM »
/Have I mentioned he's a mean hugger?

"Challenge accepted!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cyclone45

« Reply #376 on: August 01, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
Again, I don't normally post in here but CABLEVISION GOT BUZZR!!! Channel 95 here in ny!!

BillCullen1

« Reply #377 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »
Again, I don't normally post in here but CABLEVISION GOT BUZZR!!! Channel 95 here in ny!!

Curse you, Time Warner Cable.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2015, 02:48:03 AM »

If you have to state more than once that you don't normally post in here, that means you normally post in here.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

chad1m

« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2015, 08:55:14 PM »
Independent Albany station WYBN says they will start broadcasting Buzzr by Labor Day.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »
Tell me if this is too nitpicky or if it's a legitimate gripe.

During the second-to-last act of every show, Buzzr pops in a little graphic in the corner of the screen telling the viewers what show is next. That's fine, but it's timed to occur about a minute or so before the commercial break, which winds up being pretty much exactly the amount of time needed for the current gameplay action to conclude and the host to throw to commercial.

In other words, when that graphic pops up, the round is about to end. Which doesn't mean much on, say, Let's Make a Deal, but I've noticed that on Press Your Luck, without fail, that graphic signifies that the last spin is about to occur (i.e., the contestant in control won't hit "+ one spin" to prolong the game). When I was watching an episode of Super Password, when that graphic popped up, the team in control of the word solved the puzzle on that turn.

Once, the graphic appeared during a playing of the Money Cards when the contestant still had four cards to go. Sure enough, he busted on the very next card.

I would suggest changing the timing of that graphic to be either a couple of minutes before the commercial break or immediately before the commercial break. The timing as it stands right now keeps giving away the end of the game.

colonial

« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »
For those in Atlanta, Buzzr was added over the weekend on Comcast digital channel 234.  Several digital channels were added to the tier, including Cozi, Grit and Decades.

JD

Kniwt

« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »
The timing as it stands right now keeps giving away the end of the game.

Not to disagree with you one bit, but this is exactly the type of thing we dealt with way back when we watched these original broadcasts 30-50 years ago: The network would flash a little white square in the corner of the screen to alert affiliates to the upcoming break. (I seem to remember that this was more prevalent in the late 60s and into the 70s than in the 80s.)

trainman

« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:13 PM »
During the second-to-last act of every show, Buzzr pops in a little graphic in the corner of the screen telling the viewers what show is next. That's fine, but it's timed to occur about a minute or so before the commercial break, which winds up being pretty much exactly the amount of time needed for the current gameplay action to conclude and the host to throw to commercial.

Way back when USA Network started putting a logo bug at the bottom of the screen, they only had it up for about 30 seconds going into and coming out of each commercial break.

That meant that, for example, you'd know whether or not the trailing team on "$25,000 Pyramid" was about to successfully force a tiebreaker.

The more things change, the more things they stay the same.
trainman is a man of trains

chad1m

« Reply #384 on: August 14, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
The Buzzr Facebook page has put up an image promoting something called "Lost & Found" coming next month.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #385 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
Oh golly, THAT'S intriguing!  Still, they'd have to go a long way to "find" something that would be totally new to our people.  Here's hoping, though!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »
Maybe it's an interesting way of saying that they've "found" more new-to-Buzzr episodes. They'll unleash another new week's worth of shows. ;)

jimlangefan

« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »
Oh golly, THAT'S intriguing!  Still, they'd have to go a long way to "find" something that would be totally new to our people.  Here's hoping, though!

Cory Anotado mentioned in another thread that they are allegedly still in the soft launch phase and would be doing a bigger PR push this fall.  Maybe this photo is alluding to that?
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
My press contact said she couldn't release anything yet but would let me know when she could.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

arrowood20

« Reply #389 on: August 14, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »
I seem to remember GSN used to do something with "lost episodes" of things like "To Tell the Truth" and "I've Got a Secret" around 1995 or 1996. Maybe Buzzr will be doing something similar, or airing episodes that GSN never aired. As mentioned earlier, I don't see any really rare stuff coming, unless there are episodes of "Mindreaders" or "Snap Judgment" that were found somewhere after all these years.