Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438541 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:33 AM »
If the posts are overwhelmingly about BUZZR TV, all the more reason to mark your topic headers or else the few GSN posts will be lost among the preponderance of BUZZR TV posts.

JonSea31

« Reply #331 on: June 07, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »
I thought Comedy Gold only ran the first 100 or so shows from 1973.

Comedy Gold did air Match Game '78.  The watermark in this video proves it.

I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I like that YouTube channel 'cause it's got a lot of good uploads...but a 45-second intro by the uploader?! If you really needed to do an intro, make it two slides: show title and notable event on the first, list of celebs on the second. No more than five seconds each.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Allstar87

« Reply #333 on: June 07, 2015, 06:26:48 PM »
A friend of mine has all the Match Game 78s that Comedy Gold aired. They aired episodes 1133-1229, so Jan. 9-Jun. 1, 1978.

snowpeck

« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
I wasn't aware they had leased a second group of episodes after the 1973 ones. Thanks.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2015, 01:30:59 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I like that YouTube channel 'cause it's got a lot of good uploads...but a 45-second intro by the uploader?! If you really needed to do an intro, make it two slides: show title and notable event on the first, list of celebs on the second. No more than five seconds each.
I find the custom bumpers to be pretty pointless, esp. given it was 45 seconds of describing the panel, with a couple of obscure acronyms that only folks on this forum will probably get. That's what you have the description for.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »
I got faked out by my TV Guide listings, which said we finally picked up Buzzr. Not the case.

Hate to be missing out.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
At this point, has it been picked up by ANY station outside the owned FOX ones that were originally announced?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PSUGSContestant

« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »
At this point, has it been picked up by ANY station outside the owned FOX ones that were originally announced?

Only some station in Fresno owned by Cocola Broadcasting.

jimlangefan

« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »

Only some station in Fresno owned by Cocola Broadcasting.

To my knowledge, only the one in Fresno and Salt Lake City (Owned by Nexstar) have picked up Buzzr but they don't start until July 1st.
TV's Big Dealer

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
This would seem to bode poorly for its long-term prospects.  Using the syndication model, a show would commonly sell to a broadcast group first, and use that announcement to rally other stations to pick up their show, eventually putting together enough of a collection of stations to make a go of it.  The economics are almost certainly somewhat different in this case, but it would seem to me that the basic idea is the same.  You need a bigger coverage area for it to make sense to do what you're doing, and without that, where are you?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »
This would seem to bode poorly for its long-term prospects.  Using the syndication model, a show would commonly sell to a broadcast group first, and use that announcement to rally other stations to pick up their show, eventually putting together enough of a collection of stations to make a go of it.  The economics are almost certainly somewhat different in this case, but it would seem to me that the basic idea is the same.  You need a bigger coverage area for it to make sense to do what you're doing, and without that, where are you?

The economics aren't quite the same as syndication, as many multicasts are well below the 70% coverage you'd want to sell a syndicated show.

I think we should do the wait-and-see on this.  Their coverage puts them squarely in the middle of coverage rankings for multicast, with more channels joining later in the year.  If they haven't broken 50% by this time next year, then maybe we become slightly more worried, if only because their advertising skews so old (and therefore cheap).
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

snowpeck

« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
The Fresno situation is a bizarre one... I've never seen so many digital subchannels on one group of LD sister stations-- http://www.venturabroadcasting.com/
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
Would really love to see Buzzr in the Lexington market, but not holding my breath.  Most of the affiliates seem fairly content with their current offerings - The ABC and CBS affils carry MyTV and CW on their .2's, and the usual Antenna/MeTV/etc crowd fills up most of the remaining space.  Unless the CBS affil wants to finally drop it's radar on 27.3, or the FOX affil wanted to drop one of it's 3rd tier diginets (GritTV? Seriously?), there's not much hope.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
I was hoping to get Buzzr in D.C. all the way up here in Baltimore (WTTG used to be available OTA here for years), but I found this article from a couple years back about WBFF's efforts to have the FCC block WTTG's signal in some of the counties surrounding Baltimore. If they're going through that much effort, it seems highly unlikely that any pair of bunny ears will pick it up for me here.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.