Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438412 times)

jimlangefan

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »
My friend just told me that Press Your Luck & Super Password started from the beginning this morning, Match Game '78 started about 5 weeks earlier than last night's airing with Joe Garagiola being on the panel, Family Feud went back to late 1979 early 80 with Giles vs. Tack.  I'm trying to find out about the daytime airings of Child's Play and Body Language.  Gotta talk about something else other than...you know... that guy lol.
TV's Big Dealer

TimK2003

« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
Not to be annoying (and my apologies in advance), but any further updates on starting points for other shows that have aired so far?

Oh and Tattletales was Bobby Van/Elaine Joyce, DIck Gautier/Barbara Stewart, Anne Meara/Jerry Stiller (Wasn't this the premiere week?) 

Yes it was. A nice timely tribute to Anne Meara. She was one of the better Pyramid players. I'm hoping that Time Warner Cable here in NYC adds Buzzr to their lineup.

I doubt TWC will be adding anything new to any of their service areas until they are "officially" bought out/merged with another cable company.  Currently the new potential takeover/merger company du jour is Charter Spectrum -- pending governmental approval, of course.

chad1m

« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
TitanTV has updated schedules for Buzzr. This week's Saturday 8 -11/11-2 slot touted as the "Time Machine" has three hours of Let's Make a Deal. Next week's has To Tell The Truth, What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, Let's Make a Deal and Press Your Luck.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #288 on: June 02, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
TitanTV has updated schedules for Buzzr. This week's Saturday 8 -11/11-2 slot touted as the "Time Machine" has three hours of Let's Make a Deal. Next week's has To Tell The Truth, What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, Let's Make a Deal and Press Your Luck.

Meh.  It's their first week.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

aaron sica

« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »

Indeed looking like GSN at launch with their "Wide World of Games". I wonder if they will do a marathon of MG NYE eps when that time comes..

jimlangefan

« Reply #290 on: June 02, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
This week's Saturday 8 -11/11-2 slot touted as the "Time Machine" has three hours of Let's Make a Deal. Next week's has To Tell The Truth, What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, Let's Make a Deal and Press Your Luck.
Indeed looking like GSN at launch with their "Wide World of Games".
I thought "Game Show Saturday Night", myself, but since I didn't have GSN in the 1990s I'll defer to those who did. :)

I think this is more similar in time frame to Game Show Saturday Night than Wide World of Games.  Either way it's awesome!
TV's Big Dealer

jimlangefan

« Reply #291 on: June 02, 2015, 05:20:30 PM »
This week's Saturday 8 -11/11-2 slot touted as the "Time Machine" has three hours of Let's Make a Deal. Next week's has To Tell The Truth, What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, Let's Make a Deal and Press Your Luck.
Indeed looking like GSN at launch with their "Wide World of Games".
I thought "Game Show Saturday Night", myself, but since I didn't have GSN in the 1990s I'll defer to those who did. :)
In the summer of 2002, GSN had a really cool block of prime time programming, where it was a different show each night. The Pyramid Thursdays with 70s episodes were really cool. But, I'm reminded of that block.

That was a cool block!  Match Game Mondays, (Hollywood) Squares Tuesdays/Later became (Let's Make A) Deal Tuesdays, (The) Newlywed (Game) Wednesdays, Pyramid Thursdays, (Family) Feud Fridays.  Good times.
TV's Big Dealer

jdhernandez

« Reply #292 on: June 02, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
Well, I have a new channel to default to. I haven't gotten a chance to watch much of Buzzr yet, but I've enjoyed everything that I've seen so far.

Since I won't get to watch this afternoon to find out the answer: Since the 8:00 a.m. schedule repeats at 2:00 p.m., do they run the same episodes of each show twice per day?

Having had Buzzr TV on in the background pretty much all day, I can now say that entire block is, indeed, a repeat of what was aired earlier. For those keeping score, PYL started with the first two episodes. I'm presuming this means we will see most of the first season once again!

I share Scott's sentiments that this channel will be on consistently in the background here.  :)
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

TimK2003

« Reply #293 on: June 02, 2015, 07:42:25 PM »
Having had Buzzr TV on in the background pretty much all day, I can now say that entire block is, indeed, a repeat of what was aired earlier. For those keeping score, PYL started with the first two episodes. I'm presuming this means we will see most of the first season once again!

Which means our own Randy West will more than likely become the first member of the GSF to appear on Buzzr, later in the month.

snowpeck

« Reply #294 on: June 02, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »

Which means our own Randy West will more than likely become the first member of the GSF to appear on Buzzr, later in the month.
Actually his shows should start this Friday, since they're running two a day.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BillCullen1

« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2015, 07:55:33 PM »

I doubt TWC will be adding anything new to any of their service areas until they are "officially" bought out/merged with another cable company.  Currently the new potential takeover/merger company du jour is Charter Spectrum -- pending governmental approval, of course. 

I forgot all about that, but yeah, you're probably right. The proposed Comcast/Time Warner merger fell through big time, and that went on for about a year or more. 

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
For funsies, I decided to surf a bit. Looks like Pittsburgh's FIOS provider has changed the digital subchannel lineup, but alas it was Laff TV and not Buzzr. So instead of watching classic game shows, I instead had the opportunity to watch "Drew Carey's Dance Party Special"

/ObGS: Dick Clark makes a cameo in the episode
This signature is currently under construction.

narzo

« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
it does appear they've got the evening MG episode order messed up.  the first episode Monday night was a Friday show, the second was the Thursday (champ on Friday appeared as the challenger).  Now, based on the champion and challenger, they appear to be airing the Wednesday episode of the same week. 

For those wondering, LMAD appears to be from the very early '70s, the second episode aired was the one believed to be an ABC evening episode which aired in syndication, it's been run on GSN. 

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2015, 10:11:30 PM »

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe