Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438121 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
Good luck with that.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
Not to be annoying (and my apologies in advance), but any further updates on starting points for other shows that have aired so far?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jimlangefan

« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
Not to be annoying (and my apologies in advance), but any further updates on starting points for other shows that have aired so far?

A friend of mine actually wrote down where they started for each of the premieres after LMAD last night, he didn't get the B&W block though. 

Match Game were 1978 episodes 1170 and 1169 - they oddly showed them in that order.  Uncrunched credits and fee plugs intact] (he didn't include celebrities)
Family feud was 1980 Dawson - Hatley vs. Bugbee then Bugbee vs. Watson
Childs Play - 1982 - Karen ($12900) vs. Jeff
Body Language - Marcia Wallace and Fred Travalena from 1984 - Sam vs Beverly
Blockbusters - 1981 Jeff and Alan ($31500) vs. Bob
Card Sharks - Perry 1st episode
Oh and Tattletales was Bobby Van/Elaine Joyce, DIck Gautier/Barbara Stewart, Anne Meara/Jerry Stiller (Wasn't this the premiere week?)
TV's Big Dealer

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »
"...(The CBS WML series is not copyrighted and never was), even if I have to go as far as to hire a copyright attorney..."

That's news to me.

And copyright lawyers? Dear. You only hire those if you actually have a case.

Thanks for that. A little confused there. I guess the videos haven't been taken down forcefully yet.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

SRIV94

« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
Body Language - Marcia Wallace and Fred Travalena from 1984 - Sam vs Beverly

Thanks for the update.  FTR, that ep was from January 1985 (in case you're scoring at home, or you're alone).
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Allstar87

« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2015, 12:25:41 PM »
One of my friends has Buzzr. He mentioned that this morning's airing of Body Language had the ticket plug intact.

BillCullen1

« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2015, 12:30:51 PM »

Oh and Tattletales was Bobby Van/Elaine Joyce, DIck Gautier/Barbara Stewart, Anne Meara/Jerry Stiller (Wasn't this the premiere week?) 

Yes it was. A nice timely tribute to Anne Meara. She was one of the better Pyramid players. I'm hoping that Time Warner Cable here in NYC adds Buzzr to their lineup.

BrandonFG

« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
One of my friends has Buzzr. He mentioned that this morning's airing of Body Language had the ticket plug intact.
To me, this is actually cooler than the fee plugs and credits remaining intact. Nice that they're keeping so many original elements in the shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Clay Zambo

« Reply #278 on: June 02, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
The show is not his.  It's that simple.

Okay, but *whose is it*?  If episodes of LIVE television were broadcast without copyright, and subsequent kinescopes never registered with copyright, don't they belong in the public domain?

I'm asking seriously, not picking a fight.
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #279 on: June 02, 2015, 12:40:09 PM »
I suppose I should apologize for even trying to snark in the first place. Even though I didn't know this was going to happen.
I don't think it's that big of a deal. It would be a bit much to get a lawyer involved, even if just for a consultation. What does the friend get out of all this?

SRIV94

« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
I suppose I should apologize for even trying to snark in the first place. Even though I didn't know this was going to happen.

Trust me--you have nothing to apologize for.
Doug

Pyramid80

« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
Ooohhhh.....exciting!!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »
Well, I have a new channel to default to. I haven't gotten a chance to watch much of Buzzr yet, but I've enjoyed everything that I've seen so far.

Since I won't get to watch this afternoon to find out the answer: Since the 8:00 a.m. schedule repeats at 2:00 p.m., do they run the same episodes of each show twice per day?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »
Ooohhhh.....exciting!!

(shrug) The part of me that's on the spectrum gets enjoyment out of hearing the Classic Concentration theme in such an anachronism.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

snowpeck

« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
Anybody watching to know where this morning's Match Game, Super Password and Press Your Luck episodes are in their respective runs? And was Family Feud at 11AM the same as the ones at 6AM?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)