Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 438423 times)

trainman

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2015, 12:49:38 AM »
I've also heard that the network has "soft-launched" at least in Los Angeles with a Card Sharks marathon.

It's a black screen right now (9:49 P.M. PDT), but the PSIP data on Channel 13-2 does at least say "BUZZR TV."
trainman is a man of trains

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2015, 01:11:14 AM »
Nothing to report in Houston yet.  The channel bounces me halfway across the dial instead.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
8P-11P: Buzzr Time Machine (5 to 6 shows in a 3 hour span from the same decade)
11P-2A: Buzzr Time Machine (5 to 6 shows in a 3 hour span from the same decade)

I was hoping for a window for obscure shows that don't have enough episodes or audience awareness to merit a slot on the regular schedule.  I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that some of those could air here.  Probably not the smart bet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kniwt

« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Curious to see what type of commercial load Buzzr will be running. Will the shows be edited/sped-up?

chad1m

« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »
I've also heard that the network has "soft-launched" at least in Los Angeles with a Card Sharks marathon.
A couple of social media users report that it's the same episode running over and over.

JonSea31

« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:27 PM »
Wow - this really reminds me of GSN's early days.  I wonder how long Match Game and Press Your Luck will continue to air on GSN.

Given that Buzzr's morning block will likely repeat later in the afternoon, I think Match Game and Press Your Luck will still be on GSN for a while longer, especially since GSN may have licensed most of the final 198 episodes of the Press Your Luck series.  We'll know eventually if the final three months of Press Your Luck will be acquired by GSN.

I am, however, surprised, that Eubanks' Card Sharks is the only classic on GSN that is not part of Buzzr's lineup yet.

A pretty good schedule for many, but the classics on my wish list are on, or have yet to air on GSN, for the time being.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

aaron sica

« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2015, 03:04:11 PM »
I am, however, surprised, that Eubanks' Card Sharks is the only classic on GSN that is not part of Buzzr's lineup yet.

Is this known for sure? As I said before, I wouldn't rely completely on the episode descriptions as far as hosts go...

JonSea31

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Is this known for sure? As I said before, I wouldn't rely completely on the episode descriptions as far as hosts go...

Good point.  If Buzzr doesn't air Eubanks' Card Sharks by June 7, we can safely assume that Buzzr doesn't have the Bob Eubanks version at this time.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

TraderRob

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
Looks like it's all set on 50.4 in Chicago rather than the 32.2 that was originally being reported. At this time, it's only displaying a WPWR logo.

snowpeck

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
Latest report from an online friend in Detroit. Buzzr is on the air there, looping the same two episodes of Super Password (screenshot below). He also says a countdown to launch clock comes up every 30 minutes or so, indicating a launch at midnight tonight.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:33:37 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2015, 05:20:22 PM »
Greg, does my Cable Provider, Charter get this channel, or is it exclusive to another (i.e. Comcast, AT&T, etc.)?

snowpeck

« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2015, 05:23:16 PM »
Greg, does my Cable Provider, Charter get this channel, or is it exclusive to another (i.e. Comcast, AT&T, etc.)?
Buzzr is NOT a cable channel. It is an over-the-air subchannel. So if you live in one of the 17 markets with a Fox O&O, you'll get it on a .2 or a .3 of it and you'll need a set of rabbit ears. There's a chance some cable companies in those 17 markets will carry it at the outset, but more than likely, the stations will have to lobby the cable systems to carry it.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chad1m

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2015, 05:28:33 PM »
A gentleman in Flint (an hour away from Detroit) has reported being able to get it, but there's no way I can justify buying a high-power antenna for one network. Oh, what I'd give for a streaming service.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2015, 05:30:08 PM »
but there's no way I can justify buying a high-power antenna for one network.
This should be bolded and the header for this thread.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
Latest report from an online friend in Detroit. Buzzr is on the air there, looping the same episode of Super Password. He also says a countdown to launch clock comes up every 30 minutes or so, indicating a launch at midnight tonight.
Not sure if it's the same guy, but this post on Golden-Road (from someone else in Michigan) indicates three things:

1) The episodes are unedited, at least at this point -- all the plugs are intact, as are the credits.
2) They're also airing Perry's Card Sharks at this time.
3) They will be showing 1950s-60s I've Got A Secret, as clips of it appeared in one of the promos Buzzr's been airing.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...