Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436292 times)

TimK2003

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »
I have the weekday schedule (eastern time) from Fremantle's PR reps! Still waiting on word on the weekend schedule, but I'm told it will be very similar with some E/I programming thrown in.

6AM/6:30A Family Feud
11A/11:30A Family Feud
5P/5:30P Family Feud

While it is not listed as to what version(s) (Dawson or Combs) will occupy these three hours, at least it's not Harvey*!!!

* -- Said with 97.8% confidence.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »
They'll be Anderson, Karn, O'Hurley, and Roker. :P

On a bit more serious note, it's possible (not too likely, though) that the slots could include Family Feud Challenge and/or the "Dawson's Return" season, both of which had two distinct "halves" per hour-long show.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
the even later 2 hour repeating block that they might as well call "Black & White Overnight".

While that's probably the safe way to bet, we don't know for certain that those will be the classic episodes.  Frankly, since absolutely every classic WML? that GSN has aired, plus great big gobs of TTTT and IGAS, are freely available on YouTube, I was personally hoping to see the syndicated versions of those shows, which for the most part have not been as readily available.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
Apparently the Family Feud airings will include more than one host, but my contact didn't know which ones or which ones will air when. She'll let me know when she finds out.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
Wow, 6 days before launch (as of this typing) and they still don't have a schedule together. Kinda makes you wonder if Buzzr is pulling a "The Quad" here.

I hate when when I pull my quad.

Go see Kurt Angle, then...apparently he pulled it this morning and he's here jumping around.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

jimlangefan

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
This looks like a good solid schedule to start off with! I was honestly hoping for Now You See It to turn up, but I'm pretty happy.  Can't wait for July!!
TV's Big Dealer

Ian Wallis

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Wow - this really reminds me of GSN's early days.  I wonder how long Match Game and Press Your Luck will continue to air on GSN.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »
Nice lineup...hopefully more stations join the list by the end of the year. I'm really not missing cable too terribly right about now.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
Agreed.  I saw this kind of lineup on GSN years ago but would love to see it again.  Unfortunately no station that I can receive will be picking this up at the beginning.  Hopefully before too long I'll be able to get it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BillCullen1

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
This looks like a good solid schedule to start off with! I was honestly hoping for Now You See It to turn up, but I'm pretty happy.  Can't wait for July!!

I was hoping for NYSI and syndie WML and TTTT. But this schedule looks pretty good to me.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2015, 06:41:25 PM »
as
 the even later 2 hour repeating block that they might as well call "Black & White Overnight".

While that's probably the safe way to bet, we don't know for certain that those will be the classic episodes.  Frankly, since absolutely every classic WML? that GSN has aired, plus great big gobs of TTTT and IGAS, are freely available on YouTube, I was personally hoping to see the syndicated versions of those shows, which for the most part have not been as readily available.
This also brings up a hope of mine, that may be unlikely. If Black and White episodes of IGAS are run, will they be episodes spanning the entire run or only episodes after the end of the Winston era. Plus, will the few episodes of WML and TTTT sponsored by cigarettes be skipped, or simply have the cigarette mentions edited out (which is what GSN did for WML, at least)? I'm curious as to how they'll handle it, if they do, or what exactly the rule is regarding it.

A nice starting schedule. I absolutely love the panel shows and the time they're at. My sleep schedule is all over the place right now, so that's a great time for me. Granted, this schedule could change by the time the station becomes available in my area (although, I'm about 45 minutes from an area where it is available).
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

polo23

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2015, 03:27:59 AM »
Nice work, snowpeck.  It's too bad sitcomsonline posted the schedule without you getting credit.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2015, 04:56:06 AM »
as

This also brings up a hope of mine, that may be unlikely. If Black and White episodes of IGAS are run, will they be episodes spanning the entire run or only episodes after the end of the Winston era. Plus, will the few episodes of WML and TTTT sponsored by cigarettes be skipped, or simply have the cigarette mentions edited out (which is what GSN did for WML, at least)? I'm curious as to how they'll handle it, if they do, or what exactly the rule is regarding it.

A nice starting schedule. I absolutely love the panel shows and the time they're at. My sleep schedule is all over the place right now, so that's a great time for me. Granted, this schedule could change by the time the station becomes available in my area (although, I'm about 45 minutes from an area where it is available).

Over-the-air broadcast stations are forbidden to run tobacco cigarette advertising, so there can't be any promotion of those products.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Allstar87

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »
Over-the-air broadcast stations are forbidden to run tobacco cigarette advertising, so there can't be any promotion of those products.

One idea I had regarding that...why not offer the cigarette episodes for download, or sell them on a MOD DVD? That way fans could still get their hands on them, and they avoid any repercussions they would have got for airing them. I'd certainly pay to see them.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »
One idea I had regarding that...why not offer the cigarette episodes for download, or sell them on a MOD DVD?

1) It's not worth the cost.

2) It's not worth the backlash that may come with trying to monetize the videos.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."