Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 435999 times)

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
Per a press source, the Buzzr launch schedule hasn't been finalized yet, so stay tuned.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chad1m

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:08 PM »
Per a press source, the Buzzr launch schedule hasn't been finalized yet, so stay tuned.
I don't work in running TV stations, but wouldn't that be an important thing to have figured out a week and a half before you're set to take off?

jimlangefan

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2015, 12:41:17 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I am a little surprised at how little has been released about this channel since the initial announcement.  Also through credible sources, I have learned that Fresno & Salt Lake City (my area YAHOO!) will be getting Buzzr, but it won't start until July 1st.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:51:52 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2015, 12:54:25 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I am a little surprised at how little has been released about this channel since the initial announcement.

Compare and contrast to another D2 where you heard lots of announcements before launch.

Not trying to snark, but these sorts of things sort of just... start... unless you're a fan of the genre.  I mean, nobody came on here last month and said "Hey, who here was the new Laff network?"
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

snowpeck

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »
I'm supposed to be getting more info after Memorial Day, so we should find out something then.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I am a little surprised at how little has been released about this channel since the initial announcement.  Also through credible sources, I have learned that Fresno & Salt Lake City (my area YAHOO!) will be getting Buzzr, but it won't start until July 1st.

Are you able to what say what stations they are? That may give others hope, who have stations owned by the same companies in their area.

jimlangefan

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

Are you able to what say what stations they are? That may give others hope, who have stations owned by the same companies in their area.

I don't know what one Fresno is, but I do know that my area will be channel 30.3 which is a CW affiliate.
TV's Big Dealer

aaron sica

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
I don't know what one Fresno is, but I do know that my area will be channel 30.3 which is a CW affiliate.

OK, thanks! In doing some quick research, 30 appears to be owned by Nexstar. In my area (Harrisburg, PA) Nexstar owns the license for WLYH, which has "Grit" on its subchannel. Perhaps they will add another subchannel with Buzzr. As far as Fresno goes, looks like Nexstar owns a duopoly with KSEE and KGPE. Keeping fingers crossed...

jimlangefan

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »

OK, thanks! In doing some quick research, 30 appears to be owned by Nexstar. In my area (Harrisburg, PA) Nexstar owns the license for WLYH, which has "Grit" on its subchannel. Perhaps they will add another subchannel with Buzzr. As far as Fresno goes, looks like Nexstar owns a duopoly with KSEE and KGPE. Keeping fingers crossed...

Someone commented under the cover photo for Buzzr on Facebook saying that Boston WSBK 38.2 should be getting Buzzr as well.  And that is a MyNetwork affiliate. It's a CBS duopoly as well.
TV's Big Dealer

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »

Nexstar owns WFRV in my market. Fingers crossed here too!

TimK2003

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »
Nexstar bought a 3-station combo (CBS/Fox/MyNet) in my neck of the woods in 2014 and they are the only owners in my market that have yet to have any subchannels  that are not duplicates of the aforementioned networks (i.e:  one channel is an HD feed of CBS while the subchannel is a non-HD feed). 

The previous owners passed on MeTV, which became a subchannel of the local NBC station 3-4 years ago.  That's been about the closest their building has been to getting a subchannel network.  They are way overdue for one, and Buzzr (or Retro or Antenna TV) would be a good start.

Another potentially-interesting diginet that is about to launch within the next week is Decades.  I'd be curious to hear from those who will be getting it how it compares to MeTV, Antenna TV and Cozi TV.  Like Buzzr, I have yet to hear much about  the latest list of affiliates (outside of the CBS O&Os) are and what their broadcast schedule will be.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:06:45 PM by TimK2003 »

aaron sica

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:23 PM »
Apparently someone made a YouTube video of a screencap from a post on Rahner's blog of someone making up a Buzzr schedule (and claiming it was real). I'm surprised by how many idiots jumped at it and believed it.

/no, on second thought, I'm not.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »
Decades did a soft launch a few weeks ago. They're doing binge-a-thons of the shows they have rights to sprinkled in with infomercials and The Phil Silvers Show.

So far, by what I could tell, they've aired the.first three seasons of Route 66, a whole bunch of Twilight Zone episodes, most if not all of the original Dark Shadows, and they're currently in the midst of running the entire series of The Fugitive.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
Decades did a soft launch a few weeks ago. They're doing binge-a-thons of the shows they have rights to sprinkled in with infomercials and The Phil Silvers Show.

So far, by what I could tell, they've aired the.first three seasons of Route 66, a whole bunch of Twilight Zone episodes, most if not all of the original Dark Shadows, and they're currently in the midst of running the entire series of The Fugitive.
Decades' binge marathons started back in January. They've been running all sorts of shows including The Millionaire, Get Smart, The Doris Day Show, Love American Style, I Love Lucy, Celebrity Bowling, the list goes on and on. And sorry to nitpick, but it was only 130 out of over 1,200 episodes of Dark Shadows.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »

Decades' binge marathons started back in January. They've been running all sorts of shows including The Millionaire, Get Smart, The Doris Day Show, Love American Style, I Love Lucy, Celebrity Bowling, the list goes on and on. And sorry to nitpick, but it was only 130 out of over 1,200 episodes of Dark Shadows.

Well,.whatever it was, it comprised a week's worth of reruns.

As far as I know too, not all the markets carrying Decades have had it as long as January.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022