Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436033 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »
I'd forgotten about that, but yes, something like that or the USA/Family Channel game breaks from the mid-90s, minus the 1-900 number.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »
Since this seems to have become the Buzzr catch all, it might be a good idea to alter the subject a bit?

The Buzzr website has launched, but at the moment is just a "soon!" splash: http://buzzrplay.com/

You can also get a social media head start by following them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

chad1m

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
The first preview video from BUZZR is out! Highlights include Dawson Family Feud, two eras of Let's Make a Deal, Match Game, Super Password, TattleTales, Perry Card Sharks and Press Your Luck.

https://t.co/VbI64nt5Ov

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »
Highlights include Dawson Family Feud

Above emphasis is mine.  Certainly many of us would like a bit more variety (that's just who we are), but that's at least a differentiation.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »
I like how they refer us to the website for more information...that isn't there, yet.

I also like how they make seem that people rang in on Tattletales.

This is exciting. It's like watching GSN launch again.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
They did, briefly.
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
They did, briefly.
I was legitimately wondering that before I posted but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember it at all.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
I was legitimately wondering that before I posted but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember it at all.
Because the "buzz in and relay a charming story" format lasted all of a month, according to Wikipedia. The "you're stranded on a desert island, would you prefer to have a supply of books or a supply of music?' format lasted for the remainder. So yes, they rang in, but it's not as if that was a long-running element at all.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2015, 09:01:16 PM »
Well...not quite. The "quickie" (either-or) questions were there from the start, but quickly became the norm as you said. Shame, too, since I liked the original format (held over from the show's predecessor He Said She Said) a bit more.

Also, something of note in that montage: the "classic" Let's Make A Deal clips have a yellow/green curtain in the back, which as far as I know was only on the ABC version (and then only prior to the syndicated debut). If I'm right, this is an interesting sign of things to come.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
What's not quite?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »
Fits in nicely with the name of the network though. Oddly enough, I can't think of too many Fremantle or Goodson-Todman shows that required contestants to buzz in*, outside of the shows in the commercial. Pickins were already kinda slim, when you think about it, esp. considering G-T didn't even have that many straight Q&A trivia games.

*/At least any that weren't obscurities that only ran for <six months
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Fits in nicely with the name of the network though. Oddly enough, I can't think of too many Fremantle or Goodson-Todman shows that required contestants to buzz in*, outside of the shows in the commercial. Pickins were already kinda slim, when you think about it, esp. considering G-T didn't even have that many straight Q&A trivia games.
That's brilliant synergy, like how next season Millionaire is doing a salute to bachelors. And you're right, there just aren't all that many of those shows from the Mark-unt-Bill stable that had face-offs or jump-ins.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
Oddly enough, I can't think of too many Fremantle or Goodson-Todman shows that required contestants to buzz in
Well, there's at least one that Fremantle owns now that many of us would like to see continued... :)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »
Oddly enough, I can't think of too many Fremantle or Goodson-Todman shows that required contestants to buzz in*, outside of the shows in the commercial.
Now You See It (Goodson), He Said She Said (Goodson), and Scrabble (Grundy) all come to mind. Concentration (Goodson) also had a buzz-in element, but the franchise is owned by NBC.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:29:19 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Fedya

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 09:18:14 PM »
Ahem.

Blockbusters.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post