Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436288 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #795 on: August 19, 2016, 03:57:46 PM »
Starting today, I'm on the Buzzr bandwagon. I found out I had it when I called Time Warner to haggle my monthly rate down. I inquired about Buzzr and was told I had it on channel 1265. So I tuned in and there was TTTT. I don't know how long I've had it but I'm glad I do.

So did they drop your rate?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #796 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »

Yes indeed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #797 on: August 19, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

Yes indeed.

Well done. I've read some articles that imply that's a lot harder to pull off these days.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #798 on: August 25, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
I am enjoying shows I have not seen in a while, like Dawson's Feud, Super Password, Blockbusters, Double Dare, Monty's BTC and Tattletales, with the original "buzz in" format. I totally forgot about that. Nice to see the classic emcees too - Cullen, Ludden and Woolery.

I'm also enjoying the prize plugs and the original commercials on the B&W shows being left in.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:18:24 PM by BillCullen1 »

jimlangefan

« Reply #799 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »
Has anyone else had BUZZR and now your market doesn't?  Salt Lake City just switched over from BUZZR to another channel after a little over a year. I just hope this is an isolated incident and not a sign of things to come.
TV's Big Dealer

BillCullen1

« Reply #800 on: September 01, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »
Buzzr now seems to favor mini-marathons, two hours of the same program. They're now running Match Game '73, where Gene has a clipped mike but uses a hand-held one for the Super Match. I like the simpler questions like "Leonard believes in _______ even though he's never seen one." The lady said Fairies and matched Charles and Kay Ballard.

Bob Zager

« Reply #801 on: September 06, 2016, 12:37:47 PM »
BUZZR's Labor Day Weekend primetime lineup was quite interesting.

I liked the WML? episode remembering Fred Allen, who passed away the day before the episode aired.  The program was done very similar to the tribute episode for Dorothy Kilgallen, after her passing.  I'd noticed the name plates (or cards) were missing from the front of the desks.  Probably since Steve Allen would've been referred to as "Mr. Allen," as well.

TTTT episodes from 1970 w/Bill Cullen guest hosting, and the one airing Labor Day evening reminded me of the progressive transitions made when "disqualifications," became involved.  On the Labor Day episode, Tom Poston disqualified himself, because he knew one of the imposters.  In later years, they could still play the game entirely, as long as he/she didn't know the real "central character."  During one of the Cullen hosted episodes, Peggy Cass switched places with Cullen, a full four-person panel would play, rather than she disqualify herself.  Eventually, instead of all the shuffling around, all the panelists participated in the questioning, but disqualified him/herself from voting, if he/she knew the real person.

On one of Sunday's BTC episodes, one of the couples apparently was at an unfair disadvantage when not enough static on the sweater the husband was wearing, attracted a balloon for the stunt to work.  At the end of the broadcast, a voice-over by Jack Narz said the couple was going to be invited back on a future date. 

It made good sense, however there was one thing that would've made no difference in the outcome of being the champion of the day!  Regardless of how much money was won, the winner of the bonus shuffle was declared the day's champion, and that couple didn't succeed there!

mmm111

« Reply #802 on: September 06, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
Looks like the "new to Buzzr" episodes end Friday, based on their online schedule.  Monday the 12th has July episodes of MG '73.

How many episodes would that make for the new runs?  About 50?  Did they air any skipped by GSN in the past?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #803 on: September 06, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »
The BTC episode has aired, so this isn't "new".

Besides the point, what difference does it make if they didn't win the bonus shuffle round? If something was found to be screwed up, it means they weren't playing on a fair playing field and, as a result, they could return.

But did they? If we established things correctly there were only seven weeks of civilian episodes and we're getting close to the end of those, right?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:15:11 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Sodboy13

« Reply #804 on: September 07, 2016, 01:46:35 AM »
It's odd that they'd decide burn through them so fast if they have such a limited number of new episodes to access, then. Why start airing 20 episodes apiece of Family Feud and Match Game per week if you're going to burn through them all in 3 weeks' time?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #805 on: September 07, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »
If something was found to be screwed up, it means they weren't playing on a fair playing field and, as a result, they could return.

But did they?
They did, specifically on October 25 (close to a month after their initial appearance), became the champs, and remained on through the last show of the civilian era.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:37:59 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Bob Zager

« Reply #806 on: September 07, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
The BTC episode has aired, so this isn't "new".

Besides the point, what difference does it make if they didn't win the bonus shuffle round? If something was found to be screwed up, it means they weren't playing on a fair playing field and, as a result, they could return.

But did they? If we established things correctly there were only seven weeks of civilian episodes and we're getting close to the end of those, right?

I wasn't trying to imply that this was the first time BUZZR aired that episode. 

I'd seen the episode before, but I'd just realized that the losing couple would've lost anyway, so the final outcome made no difference.   It was, however, considerate of the producers to invite them back, due to the mishap.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #807 on: September 07, 2016, 02:27:10 PM »
Looks like the "new to Buzzr" episodes end Friday, based on their online schedule.  Monday the 12th has July episodes of MG '73.

I've only been paying close attention to PYL -- when Buzzr refreshed their PYL episodes earlier this year, they only ran 20 "new" ones before going back to episodes they previously aired, so that sounds plausible.

Speaking of Press Your Luck, is there a way to see which specific episodes are coming up next week? The calendar at buzzrplay.com/schedule has stopped listing the air dates.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #808 on: September 08, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »

On one of Sunday's BTC episodes, one of the couples apparently was at an unfair disadvantage when not enough static on the sweater the husband was wearing, attracted a balloon for the stunt to work.  At the end of the broadcast, a voice-over by Jack Narz said the couple was going to be invited back on a future date. 

It made good sense, however there was one thing that would've made no difference in the outcome of being the champion of the day!  Regardless of how much money was won, the winner of the bonus shuffle was declared the day's champion, and that couple didn't succeed there!

Didn't see it, but would the difference have changed the number of discs received by each couple?  If the sweater was during a head-to-head stunt, then it absolutely would have.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Allstar87

« Reply #809 on: September 08, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »

Didn't see it, but would the difference have changed the number of discs received by each couple?  If the sweater was during a head-to-head stunt, then it absolutely would have.

Yep, it was a head-to-head stunt. Red sweater had plenty of static, green sweater had barely any, leading to a very easy win for the red team.