Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Random thoughts and questions  (Read 7346 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Random thoughts and questions
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
So that means if you are up for an instant bargain there’s a 50/50 shot your episode would have one.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 09:49:10 PM »
OK, just did some quick checking, and here's what I could find (I'd have done all of Season 1, but I'm in a time crunch right now...). Forgive the minor spoilers...

Much appreciated! It definitely gives a good idea of how often they popped up.

The Australian show occasionally gave away small prizes as Surprises, I always wondered why the American show didn't do that.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 09:59:08 PM »
I presume that it is hard enough to find three things to offer for sale every day.
Travis L. Eberle

Bryce L.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 11:44:01 PM »
One question I have about the Sale Surprises... did Jim know going into the game, which items had Surprises and which didn't?

Loogaroo

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 02:40:06 AM »
I'm leaning towards no, because the envelope was hidden onstage with the prize rather than in his pocket where you'd expect to be if he knew ahead of time. That and he never made any sort of segue to "I'm glad you bought that ceramic fish head, because now..." as though he had foreknowledge that the bell would ring.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".