Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chain Reaction returning with new episodes later this year  (Read 6213 times)

weaklink75

Re: Chain Reaction returning with new episodes later this year
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:51:55 PM »
I'm wondering if GSN knew about the Buzzr TV deal in advance and are thinking they need to boost their original content since they'll probably lose access to the Fremantle collection...

jimlangefan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »
I'm wondering if GSN knew about the Buzzr TV deal in advance and are thinking they need to boost their original content since they'll probably lose access to the Fremantle collection...

Whose to say that they will lose access to it? Harvey's Feud proves that the same show can be seen on multiple channels. It's done with other shows all of time.  What makes game shows different?
TV's Big Dealer

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »

Whose to say that they will lose access to it? Harvey's Feud proves that the same show can be seen on multiple channels. It's done with other shows all of time.  What makes game shows different?
Well, I think one could argue, Harvey Feud aside, that there's only so much market for Super Password.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
I wonder if they will do it in NYC or La-La Land? One mistake the article had was teams of TWO.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »
I wonder if they will do it in NYC or La-La Land? One mistake the article had was teams of TWO.
How is that a mistake?  It's been done before.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »
How is that a mistake?  It's been done before. 

The most recent version had three players on each team. But other than that, I think this is good news I think CR was one of GSN's more enjoyable shows.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »
Perhaps it will be teams of two with a celebrity partner?
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »
Don't remember which article mentioned it, but it's in LA this time around.

Hopefully, they'll actually get contestants who can play the game this time around.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »
Buzzerblog reports that the host of CR will be Mike Catherwood, co-host of the radio show Loveline.