Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Female Game show hosts?  (Read 30108 times)

gameshowguy2000

Female Game show hosts?
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2004, 07:40:19 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 12 2004, 05:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 12 2004, 12:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 12 2004, 01:22 AM\']
You are all wrong. To be technically correct, there have been no female gameshow hosts.  They are hostesses. (sp) :D [/quote]
Nope. The word is gender neutral in English. [/quote]
I think the proper way to address a femcee is by calling her a hostess. Evidence by Charlie O's speil from WoF in the early- to mid-90s. "And now here is your host and hostess, Pat Sajak and Vanna White!" [/quote]
I remember that opening.

But I think women CAN be classified as hosts. I've seen that classification on a lot of game show related web pages.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 07:40:51 PM by gameshowguy2000 »

JMFabiano

Female Game show hosts?
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2004, 12:31:35 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 12:03 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 10:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 02:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 02:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 11 2004, 08:31 PM\']Hmm. There's one woman, I can't think of her name...hmm...I know it's Vanna something. :P[/quote]
Vanna Stafford, I believe.

If we're going to count them (Ms. White and Susan), and I believe we should, we also have to count all of the substitute letter-revealers over the years. (No, I cannot list them.) [/quote]
The only one I can remember is Summer Barthomolew, for obvious reasons. :-) [/quote]
I'm curious about Brandon's signature.  Was there actually a "dying boy" as a guest?  And if so--what were the circumstances? [/quote]
Nope...it's a quote from Family Guy. The whole setup is that Peter (father) pretends his son Chris is dying to get their favorite TV show back on the air. They go to the "Make A Wish" organization, where the representative tells them they need a kid they can market, "just like that one boy we put on Hollywood Squares." That led to the quote I use. :-) [/quote]
 Probably wrong of me, but I am laughing at the fact that the Family Guy quote almost got confused with an actual HS zinger.  If that really happened, we'd be talking about the Squares cancellation a long time ago ;-) ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.