Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SuperShow 8000 Returning Slowly; Revives Randy Amasia's "Whew" Fanpage  (Read 12367 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: SuperShow 8000 Returning Slowly; Revives Randy Amasia's "Whew" Fanpage
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but Chrome keeps slapping me with a "This webpage is not available" message, the reason being "The server at www.xanfan.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed." I've tried refreshing several times, but this always happens.

(EDIT: Evidently, it is just me, since a Google search turns up the site and the cached version will load, but Chrome refuses to load the actual site. This sucks. :()
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:48:50 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
Mike responded with, "## clips, including ## full episodes, is 'pretty good?'"

You didn't deserve that polite of a response. I admire Mike's restraint.

EDIT: Kris, will the .mid of the opening theme be there also? I've been searching for it for years.

If it's not, ping me; I may still have it since I was using it for a phone ringtone back in the day.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

snowpeck

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but Chrome keeps slapping me with a "This webpage is not available" message, the reason being "The server at www.xanfan.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed." I've tried refreshing several times, but this always happens.

(EDIT: Evidently, it is just me, since a Google search turns up the site and the cached version will load, but Chrome refuses to load the actual site. This sucks. :()
It's not loading for me either, though it was the other day. Probably just a temporary hiccup.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »
On the site, Kris' mentions that he wanted to preserve the original page as it looked back then, in part to show younger Internet viewers how things looked back then. I think keeping the MIDI file adds to the charm of a much simpler Internet. :-)
Also, MIDI's are awesome.
This signature is currently under construction.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »
EDIT: Kris, will the .mid of the opening theme be there also? I've been searching for it for years.
Or, if you're willing to cough up a little green, you could hear the real thing at TVPMM.
On the site, Kris' mentions that he wanted to preserve the original page as it looked back then, in part to show younger Internet viewers how things looked back then. I think keeping the MIDI file adds to the charm of a much simpler Internet. :-)

I agree about the MIDI files.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 04:16:37 PM »
Or, if you're willing to cough up a little green, you could hear the real thing at TVPMM.
I gave Kris free reign to do what he wants with the Whew! site in terms of additions--links to YT clips, a link to the TVPMM where they can acquire the full music, basically anything Whew! which has popped up on the Interwebs in the last decade.  I did ask Kris to make a few minor removals.  All in all, I wanted to slap a fresh coat of paint on a classic auto.

Greggo

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
Oh hey, there's those animated .gifs I made.

Memories!