Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SuperShow 8000 Returning Slowly; Revives Randy Amasia's "Whew" Fanpage  (Read 12363 times)

xanfan

Hello everyone!

I wanted to give everyone the heads up that my old website, SuperShow 8000, is currently in the process of getting a complete re-tool and re-upload, and that it is planned for a re-launch in the first quarter of this year. The site where all those 1980s game shows stayed alive is about to rise from the grave, so stay tuned for that one!

First things first: One of the most popular parts of the site, the Celebrity Archives, will be back online in upcoming days. I'm currently working on reformatting the pages to a more modern and compatible style. With the recent additions of shows like 1987-1988 "$25,000 Pyramid" on GSN, I know that these pages will become more valuable. I'm also working on adding a few other shows in that mix as the months go on.

Second things second: In honor of a great man, I am proud to make the announcement that effective immediately, Randy Amasia's original "Whew!" website is now back online in it's original form. With special thanks to Mike Klauss, who kept the original site safe for many years, it is now back where it belongs, which is online and accessible, without the need of The Wayback Machine! I'm very proud and honored to be the new official home of this page, and hope that everyone will give it a look!

Thank you everyone,
-Kristopher Lane, Webmaster of SuperShow 8000 (http://www.xanfan.com)

ivoryman1986

Re: SuperShow 8000 Returning Slowly; Revives Randy Amasia's "Whew" Fanpage
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »
Great to have you back Kris Lane. It's been almost a half-decade since your last post here in the forum. We miss you a lot.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »
Wow - I was a frequent visitor to your site in the late 90s\early 2000s when I was "discovering" Internet game show fandom, but come 2015 I had mostly forgotten about it. Like Ivoryman said, it's good to know you're still around!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:21:24 PM »
See above. Good to have you back, Kris. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Allstar87

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
Awesome news! Sounds like a lot of exciting developments are in store. :)

Great to have you back!

jw2001

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
It's great to see the site return, Kris!

SuperSweeper

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
I'm glad to hear this, as well.  I've used the archived pages several times - both as a casual browser (never knew that Cloris Leachman and Sally Field did Pyramid, among many others) and to match up shows and dates.  Thanks for putting in the time and effort to bring the site back!

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:46 AM »
Used to love this site...the celebrity guest archives, the rare video clips, the tribute pages for long-forgotten shows, all of it! This and Klauss' site* were Youtube before there was a Youtube. :-)

Thanks for bringing it back!

*There's a few others, but I'd be here all night listing them
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 12:35:13 AM »
the tribute pages for long-forgotten shows, all of it!
For me personally I liked it as a reference for this. I knew there was a show called Hot Streak, but thought it was odd that the actor who was in Charlie's Angels would host. I always appreciate the hard work that goes into making terrific web pages.
Travis L. Eberle

Jamey Greek

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 04:59:54 AM »
Welcome back kris!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
I've been waiting for an opportunity for this anecdote:

Around 2004, when I just started using e-mail and getting into the game show fandom, I sent Mike Klauss an email saying something along the lines of "## clips is pretty good, but do you have any more full episodes?"

Mike responded with, "## clips, including ## full episodes, is 'pretty good?'"

Obviously, with the advent of YouTube, there are literally hundreds of full episodes online, but sites like Kris's, Mike's, David Livingston's, and Brad Francini's were among my only Internet sources on old game shows for many years, and I'm so thrilled SuperShow 8000 is coming back.

Mike, if you're reading this, I'm sorry about 10-year-old me's email, and Kris, congratulations on finally finding time to bring back your awesome website.

EDIT: Kris, will the .mid of the opening theme be there also? I've been searching for it for years.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

ivoryman1986

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »
And remember Jimmy Coyne's Page O'Clips, that was also pre-Youtube, pre-Dailymotion, pre-RuTube. Actually, before there was Page O'Clips, Jimmy Coyne is the same man who brought us Page O'Music where we heard audios of rare game show themes, including the Dating Game closing theme from Elaine Joyce's tenure that led to TQ's game show theme supersite. How about Tony Harrison's TPIR site, also a major site before there was even Dailymotion or Youtube. Kris, congrats to you on reviving your site.

WhammyPower

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
EDIT: Kris, will the .mid of the opening theme be there also? I've been searching for it for years.
Or, if you're willing to cough up a little green, you could hear the real thing at TVPMM.

Bryce L.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
Or, if you're willing to cough up a little green, you could hear the real thing at TVPMM.
Though to actually answer the question, I've been there and yes the MIDI's there.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »
On the site, Kris' mentions that he wanted to preserve the original page as it looked back then, in part to show younger Internet viewers how things looked back then. I think keeping the MIDI file adds to the charm of a much simpler Internet. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!