Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN New Reality Show March 18th  (Read 5496 times)

Pyramid80

GSN New Reality Show March 18th
« on: January 09, 2004, 02:58:34 PM »
Just came across this on Yahoo News about GSN!

Yahoo News!

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 03:00:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 02:58 PM\']Just came across this on Yahoo News about GSN!

Yahoo News![/quote]
OK, Canadians on the board, what's your opinion of this show, outside of the fact that it's not a game show at all?

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 03:16:16 PM »
CBC show, eh? Might POSSIBLY be worth something. I don't remember it airing on the CBC station out of Windsor, though.

Kniwt

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 03:45:57 PM »
Did anyone bother to tell GSN that it's a KIDS SHOW?  The CBC's show website is at:

http://www.cbc.ca/kennyvsspenny/

And here's the page from the production company:

http://breakthroughfilms.com/shows_childrens_kvs.asp
Youth Series
26 x 30'

HSquares2003

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 04:09:12 PM »
I don't know why people here are suprised. After seeing (even just the commercial) Foul Play, this is what the network is gonna peddle starting in March. Get used to it. Have they decided whether or not they are gonna keep some classics on the daytime schedule or not?

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 04:23:10 PM »
Ick.

joelvanderveen

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 04:39:23 PM »
Based on the endless commercials I have seen promoting it, I would have to say that this hardly appears desirable.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 05:05:08 PM »
One word to describe that show:

GROSS! (G-R-O-S-S)

sshuffield70

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 07:47:53 PM »
Damn, I can actually reply to something today.  I'm still waiting for my "confirmation" from the mother ship.

Yeah, the show looks like crap.  Apparently, I'm the only one who even bothered to rate the story......appropriately, a ONE.

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 08:50:44 PM »
Interesting that they've picked up "Kenny vs. Spenny"... it's okay, I guess... tolerable?  Hmm.

Although I will say that they have a good production company behind them: they're the ones that make "SWAP TV" up here, the TV show I was on six weeks ago :)

Here's hoping they pick up my episode... it *is* game show related, after all!  Not that I'm betting the farm on that.

BUT! They did get "The Mole"!  Credit where credit is due.  It would be nice to see overseas Moles too...

Cheers,

Ryan :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 05:42:33 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 05:47 PM\'] Apparently, I'm the only one who even bothered to rate the story......appropriately, a ONE. [/quote]
 Wow, so you rated a story poorly based on the fact that you didn't like the information contained therein?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2004, 08:27:36 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 04:09 PM\']I don't know why people here are suprised. After seeing (even just the commercial) Foul Play, this is what the network is gonna peddle starting in March. Get used to it. Have they decided whether or not they are gonna keep some classics on the daytime schedule or not?[/quote]
All along the statements have been made that daytime will stay pretty much library game shows.  The only initial major change, aside from the new logo and graphics package (graphics package hasn't been redone since April 1999, remember), is making 10 p.m. ET a checkerboard of reality shows--both original and acquired--instead of a strip.  As Chris L! has already pointed out on his own site, 10 p.m. has become a major time slot for cable, especially for catching the audience that doesn't want to watch dramas or news on the broadcast network channels.

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2004, 08:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 11 2004, 08:27 PM\']
All along the statements have been made that daytime will stay pretty much library game shows.  The only initial major change, aside from the new logo and graphics package (graphics package hasn't been redone since April 1999, remember), is making 10 p.m. ET a checkerboard of reality shows--both original and acquired--instead of a strip.  As Chris L! has already pointed out on his own site, 10 p.m. has become a major time slot for cable, especially for catching the audience that doesn't want to watch dramas or news on the broadcast network channels. [/quote]
 The 10-11PM EST hour on GSN is currently a second run of Lingo and MGPM(Mon-Fri), and Greed(Sat and Sun, though Sat's run is interspersed with Games Across America segments, which I presume will stay). Any word on what will air Sat and Sun on weekends at that point(I don't think many of us will miss Greed after 4.5 cycles of it)