Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures  (Read 31442 times)

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
Re: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
No, Kevin Prather. I will not leave this forum permanently. I am staying right here.

Oh Vahalla Nasarocketship! You always know how to crack me up. Thanks, buddy!

In an effort to give some tangible advice in regards to the illicit Youtube videos, yank 'em. They were fun while they lasted, but in reality they aren't yours. In the end you get to keep your Google account and you don't have to deal with the aforementioned buffoon whining at you about airdates to your Youtube videos. Win/win!
*Indecipherable screaming*

dale_grass

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »
In an effort to give some tangible advice in regards to the illicit Youtube videos, yank 'em. They were fun while they lasted, but in reality they aren't yours. In the end you get to keep your Google account and you don't have to deal with the aforementioned buffoon whining at you about airdates to your Youtube videos. Win/win!

Yes, Vahan, take them down.  It isn't worth the headache.  Plus you'll feel better for doing the right thing.  Just think, this could be the first step toward you turning a new leaf and conducting yourself in a matter more in line with this board.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:37 PM »
No, Kevin Prather. I will not leave this forum permanently. I am staying right here.

There are exactly three people who are in a position to make this decision. Kevin Prather and Vahan Nisanian are not among them.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »
You people are acting like a bunch of TPIR fans. I've deleted a page worth of claptrap here.

It's the frickin Gong Show. At the end of the day, Sony owns the copyright. Sony has already had your content blocked. What you do from here is between you and YouTube.

Whatever happened to the video where the guy went ballistic because Stan played a TPIR losing cue that he didn't like?

CarbonCpy

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 01:07:31 AM »
Whatever happened to the video where the guy went ballistic because Stan played a TPIR losing cue that he didn't like?

Deleted by the author. All that's left is a screencap of thumbnails for posterity:

comicus

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
Oh my goodness that is a red face...

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2014, 01:53:45 PM »
Brett down there has the right idea.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

SuperMatch93

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
Was that the same guy who referred to the losing horns as the "fail fanfare?"
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

CarbonCpy

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 02:51:36 AM »
Brett down there has the right idea.

Trolling is the next milestone for a Turing Test.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 05:24:10 AM »
Somebody musta been a fan of Replay Converter.

Folks, this is why I don't videotape myself and upload it to YouTube. Because without makeup, I'm that scary looking. If not worse.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MrBuddwing

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »
Hey, I can wax sanctimonious as much as anyone about theft of intellectual property, respecting copyright, etc.

But that would make me a hypocrite. Why? Because I've done my share (not that much, admittedly) of uploading onto YouTube stuff that waren't mine.

And what's more, I don't hesitate to watch YouTube videos of material where copyright has obviously been breached. (I chuckle whenever someone uploads something, then says in the description, "I own nothing" or "No copyright infringement intended," like that's going to give them immunity.)

In short, I regard copyright the way I do traffic laws - I'm officially in favor of obeying them, but have been known to break them "accidentally on purpose" from time to time. If caught, I own up - but that doesn't stop  me from making "exceptions" now and again. And, to be honest, I don't expect to stop anytime soon.

So sue me. (You, not the copyright holder - they might actually have a case.)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 02:53:16 AM »
But that would make me a hypocrite. Why? Because I've done my share (not that much, admittedly) of uploading onto YouTube stuff that waren't mine.

Ah, but herein lies the difference: you are at least aware that what you are doing is in violation of YouTube's TOS and choose to take the risk anyhow. (I almost said "is wrong," but the entire point of this is that it's flat against YouTube's rules without making a judgment one way or the other as to the moral issues.) We have people in this thread who can't even get THAT through their thick skulls.

And what's more, I don't hesitate to watch YouTube videos of material where copyright has obviously been breached.

I fail to see anything wrong with this, ever. (At least with regard to YouTube.) It's not on the viewer to have to know is what they are seeing is there legally or not. It's about the uploaders.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
However risky or illegal it may be, I always appreciate the effort put forth by the uploaders. I love finding an obscurity from my childhood, or something I've only read about and never expecting in a million years.

That said, I realize that when it's gone, it's gone. If only more people took that approach.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
However risky or illegal it may be, I always appreciate the effort put forth by the uploaders. I love finding an obscurity from my childhood, or something I've only read about and never expecting in a million years.

That said, I realize that when it's gone, it's gone. If only more people took that approach.

Well said. YouTube is definitely the place to find all that and more. Although I wish that one of my favorite WoF clips (a Christmas episode with the puzzle "SLEIGH BELLS RING ARE YOU LIST'NIN'") was still up as I enjoy watching it each year, but alas, it's gone.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 07:00:42 PM »

Monty Hall will come out of retirement full time to replace Wayne Brady on LMAD before that happens, sadly.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15