Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures  (Read 31451 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »
Shut up. You will not dictate me and my life.

Absolutely true. You'd have to have one first.

Seriously, though, I utterly fail to see how you can not understand the very basic concept of "it's not your content" and succeed in cleansing yourself of your own filth at the same time.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something or am unfamiliar with YouTube policies but if he gets his account shut down what's the big deal?

The entitlement in this statement is absolutely off the charts.
How the hell am I "entitled'?  I was simply querying if YouTube has some kind of policy that actually blocks people from starting a new account and simply uploading the videos again. Because I'm sure its happened before.   
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Shut up. You will not dictate how I live my life.
How long have you been an English speaker? Most people get that things like "get a life" are meant as idioms and not directives (though in this case I do fully stand behind Chris in that assessment.)

If you want to be treated better, then you might start with speaking more respectfully and not flying off the handle every time somebody addresses you directly.

Respectively.
Travis L. Eberle

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube, or another site similar to it, like Dailymotion.

If you find it fair, and don't think these companies are treating people here in America like animals, I feel bad for you.

God forbid a company would want to make money and hold on to the intellectual and property rights to their property. I mean, it's not like they're trying to make money anything; they'll just say, "Okay, go ahead, you have this and keep it online, no restrictions! We don't need this money anyway, it's not like our shareholders will care about this at all."

Honestly, though, every time I think you can't stoop lower than you do about property rights of companies keeping their own material, you do. It's no surprise, but the manner in which you do so reeks of ignorance with respect to how and why companies exist. They do not exist to please you. They exist to help increase shareholder profits. If what a company does, creates, etc. pleases you, that is just an additional bonus.

How many times has the Forum explained these concepts to you? Don't answer that. By extension, it's the same number as times your promulgations have been filled with petulant puling.

/A person shouldn't be this pale, Zach
//Hor today, an' gone tomorrow
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:39:24 PM by Prizes »
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
...YouTube has some kind of policy that actually blocks people from starting a new account and simply uploading the videos again. Because I'm sure its happened before.
They don't, and people have done it.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
They don't, and people have done it.

...and thinking that circumventing being actively disinvited from their service is "no big deal" is...well, I would have said "as entitled as it gets," but then Zach managed to top it when he evacuated his mental bowels.

/yes, your name is Zach now

Thunder

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »
Shut up. You will not dictate how I live my life.

I made this into a Famous Quote poster for my office. You're free to use it as you wish.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
I might make it into a desk sign.

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube, or another site similar to it, like Dailymotion.

If you find it fair, and don't think these companies are treating people here in America like animals, I feel bad for you.
What in the world are you talking about? Copyright violation is copyright violation. Yes it sucks when someone gets zapped, but that's life. This whole "woe is me" attitude is a farce.

Check your privilege, then check your attitude.

/You owe Lemon an apology
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Thunder

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »

Did you mean "society"?

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 01:16:47 PM »

He owes me nothing. I don't even want him to be in my debt.

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 01:18:57 PM »

Did you mean "society"?
Oh I stopped expecting that a while ago :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »

No. I feel bad for you that you think this. I feel bad for you because with a mentality like that you will never make money.

Also, can you please stop with the drastic overstatement? "Like animals"? Really? Are you paying attention to the the news?

But let's end this post on a light note.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »

He owes me nothing. I don't even want him to be in my debt.
That was more a riff on his BTS post from last week. Point taken. :-)

Johnissoevil

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 06:03:28 PM »
As much as I'd hate to see the videos go, at the end of the day, they own the content, they hold the copyrights to it.  So it's best to do as they say.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15