Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures  (Read 31446 times)

narzo

Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:26 AM »
just had my first "Gong Show" video blocked worldwide by "BBTV_SonyPictures" on youtube and most of the others (not all) have a "matched, third party content" warning on them. 

I decided to do a quick google of "BBTV_SonyPictures" (with quotes) and it's amazing how the results are all youtube pages with saying exactly what my warning did, content blocked worldwide, blah blah blah...

Just hide them all now, to save my page?  Keep them up?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Advice, YouTube video blocked by BBTV_SonyPictures
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:34:49 AM »
Take 'em down...ain't worth losing your account over it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »
Take 'em down...ain't worth losing your account over it.

This.  A thousand times this.  You do not own those videos, and if the people who do tell you to take them down, you take them down.  This could not be a simpler concept.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

narzo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
yeah, you're right, my youtube page is now far less interesting. 

I guess my confusion lies in why weren't they all taken down?  Only one was, then several with a vague warning attached, then others had no action at all?

It's a shame too, I had a number of the performers in those clips contact me over the years to say "thank you" for posting it.  Some hadn't seen them since they first ran. 

At least I don't have to worry about someone demanding I take down "Tele-Quest", I don't think anyone would want to claim ownership of that. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:12:04 PM by narzo »

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:23 AM »
That reply is proof that it's a simple concept, but yet people don't understand it even when they are presented direct evidence of it.

You do not own it. You dodged bullets on the others that you don't own either.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:16:27 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something or am unfamiliar with YouTube policies but if he gets his account shut down what's the big deal?   I'm fully aware the content is not his to distribute but it seems pretty easy to register on Google and their related services.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:41:00 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something or am unfamiliar with YouTube policies but if he gets his account shut down what's the big deal?

The entitlement in this statement is absolutely off the charts.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »
That reply is proof that it's a simple concept, but yet people don't understand it even when they are presented direct evidence of it.

You do not own it. You dodged bullets on the others that you don't own either.

What he said. And there's no guarantees they won't come for the rest either. You gotta know that.

Hell, I've been guilty of it as well. Not to the point where I used episodes of things but I have used music clips and such as part of my soundtracks for my vids. And I'm a wannabe Unterganger, so there's that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube, or another site similar to it, like Dailymotion.

If you find it fair, and don't think these companies are treating people here in America like animals, I feel bad for you.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube, or another site similar to it, like Dailymotion.

If you find it fair, and don't think these companies are treating people here in America like animals, I feel bad for you.

I'll see the entitlement in Mark's statement, and raise you this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pacdude

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:23 PM »

Entertainment isn't life. It's optional. It's not a right. Stop treating it like it is.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube

Yes, I absolutely do. Because it's THEIR GODDAMN CONTENT.

Jesus Christ, Zach, go outside.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
I wonder if the people here defending Sony's actions find it fair when a company will not allow people here America to view their videos on YouTube

Jesus Christ, Zach, go outside.

Shut up. You will not dictate how I live my life.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »

Some guys in Ferguson, MO and New York City want you to get your freakin' priorities in order.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
I find it fair that a company that creates or owns a thing is allowed to curate that thing. That's the basis of intellectual property, and apparently this is a thing you don't understand because you keep banging this drum to no effect.

Your other statement, while wrong-headed and entitled and childish is at least defensible because it's your own position. This on the other hand represents all of the reasons why you are treated the way you are on this board.

And upon further review: Mrr.
Travis L. Eberle