Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.  (Read 12648 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »
I don't think it is a step down because it's just moving from one television show to another.

Only if you look at it from a purely literal sense.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:01 PM »
Note I did not say "reality competition series", part A.
I imagine that for a wide swath of humanity that "reality show" encompasses both camps.

Well, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences does not agree with your assessment, so I'm more inclined to go with theirs.

And if this was 2004 I would perhaps agree with you. But as the genre has evolved, a split has formed and the genre is no longer a whole but two separate parts.
{citation needed}

Again, I refer you to ATAS' classification.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »
Now who's being dismissive?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »
Now who's being dismissive?

I'm not being dismissive here, I'm pointing out that you subscribe to the literal point of view. That's all.

The post I made after this one might be more qualified as dismissive, perhaps.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »
Now I'm curious: What do these reality "stars" earn per episode, and what would a model or case holder earn for a single hour? Because the paycheck might be a step up (and certainly would be an improvement on $0.) She was also on Celebrity Apprentice and received an honorarium/combat pay for being around Donald Trump for as long as she was.

/was trying to make a hair joke there.
//no joy.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 12:05:31 AM »
This is the one case where I think the reality show is a step up, because she gets significant screen time and actually talks.

On TPiR, it was point at the toaster/washer and dryer/car/trip to Acapulco and smile. On D/ND, it was open the case and occasionally react to the dollar amount inside. Plus, with the Housewives show, she's not sharing screen time with the other eye candy (in D/ND's case, 25 other women), so there's that.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!