Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.  (Read 12726 times)

Kevin Prather

Re: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »
Has anyone actually revitalized their career by doing a show like this?

Kim and Kyle Richards?
Are they finding work outside their reality show, or has that become their thing now?

Christopher Knight was an example more along what I was going for. Career is stagnant, go on a reality show, start making the rounds again.

Thunder

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:02 AM »
... I'm not going to watch but I'm also not going to sneer at the fact that she has chosen a different career path from "Gal who points at dirt bikes and fondles toaster pastries."

I'm willing to take a bet that less than 5% of the USA recognizes Claudia Jordan's name as a toaster pastry fondler.

/or even a "The Price Is Right" model, for that matter.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 12:53:42 AM »
Good on them; I'm still not going to sneer at what she's choosing to do with her time. Whether it is a step up, down, left, right or a step to the side and two steps backward, who cares?
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 01:05:42 AM »

Correct for $400.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

Kim and Kyle Richards?
Are they finding work outside their reality show, or has that become their thing now?

Christopher Knight was an example more along what I was going for. Career is stagnant, go on a reality show, start making the rounds again.
I think Flava Flav would also be a good example. He was pretty quiet until he appeared on The Surreal Life. From there he got two spin-off reality series and his appearances else where took an uptick.

I had never heard of Nene Leakes, one of the original housewives of the Atlanta series, until the show gained traction. Since she's been on the show, she's made appearances on The Price is Right (during their Celebrity Week), Dancing with the Stars, Glee, The New Normal, and The Celebrity Apprentice among other numerous places.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »

Arguably, Ozzy Osborne.  Plus the rest of the family were essentially unknown in the mainstream before that show, and now they're all (especially Sharon) celebrities.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
Correct for $400.
Then let them; neither Chris nor Mark have answered the questions I've put forward, and all you've done is get in the way.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:17 PM »
I'm sorry that you're not getting the answers from them. I'll gladly serve my 2 minutes for interference.

/Shut up. You will not dictate how I live my life.
//That quote is awesome.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:45 PM »
/"Shut up. You will not dictate how I live my life." - Zach Horan
//That quote is awesome.
Learn to attribute quotes properly.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
Correct for $400.
Then let them; neither Chris nor Mark have answered the questions I've put forward, and all you've done is get in the way.

And for the record, you haven't answered the question I asked you as to how going on a reality television series isn't a step down and you didn't answer what Mark asked you as a counterpoint. Suppose we're even.

Some people have opinions on things that should simply be left at that. This isn't a trial.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 11:08:19 PM »
And for the record, you haven't answered the question I asked you as to how going on a reality television series isn't a step down and you didn't answer what Mark asked you as a counterpoint. Suppose we're even.
I don't think we're even at all. (This reminds me a lot of your needlessly throwing in "Celebrity Blackjack" in the Celebrity Name Game thread. It served no purpose and derailed discussion.)

If I go on The Amazing Race, how is that a step down? I think it's a terrific experience that not many people get. Why does it have to be a "step down" to go on Jersey Shore? Step down from what?

And I did answer Mark's question: lots of shows don't feature actors; such as Survivor, The Race, The Mole, Big Brother, The Voice, Solitary, and on and on. (Reality shows encompass both the competitive ones and the "fly-on-the-wall" documentaries. This is another time that Mark is caught out in trying to be clever in his snarking and it backfired.

Some people have opinions on things that should simply be left at that.
That's what I've been saying; it is you who doesn't seem to understand this; that I have my opinion and that I think people who look at "going on a reality is a step down" are snobbish.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 11:12:09 PM »
The goalposts have been moved so much that they're now on the home team's blue line.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
The goalposts have been moved so much that they're now on the home team's blue line.
Then feel free to enjoy one of our hundreds of other threads. Or continue to pollute this one.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 11:14:50 PM »
I don't think we're even at all.

If I go on The Amazing Race, how is that a step down? I think it's a terrific experience that not many people get. Why does it have to be a "step down" to go on Jersey Shore? Step down from what?

Note I did not say "reality competition series", part A.

If you would actively WANT to be a part of a show like Jersey Shore was, I would have to question your functional capacity and I doubt I'd be the only one.

And I did answer Mark's question: lots of shows don't feature answers; such as Survivor, The Race, The Mole, Big Brother, The Voice, Solitary, and on and on. (Reality shows encompass both the competitive ones and the "fly-on-the-wall" documentaries.

And if this was 2004 I would perhaps agree with you. But as the genre has evolved, a split has formed and the genre is no longer a whole but two separate parts.

Some people have opinions on things that should simply be left at that.
That's what I've been saying; it is you who doesn't seem to understand this; that I have my opinion and that I think people who look at "going on a reality is a step down" are snobbish.

So what am I not understanding, that I have the same right to an opinion that you do and don't need to be interrogated because I don't fall in line with your way of thinking? You're better/smarter than that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »
Note I did not say "reality competition series", part A.
I imagine that for a wide swath of humanity that "reality show" encompasses both camps.

If you would actively WANT to be a part of a show like Jersey Shore was, I would have to question your functional capacity and I doubt I'd be the only one.
I wouldn't do that one specifically, but there's certainly enough applicants for them to keep cranking out most of them. (For me personally the show where I'd stand to "gain" the most was Beauty & the Geek.)

And if this was 2004 I would perhaps agree with you. But as the genre has evolved, a split has formed and the genre is no longer a whole but two separate parts.
{citation needed}

So what am I not understanding, that I have the same right to an opinion that you do and don't need to be interrogated because I don't fall in line with your way of thinking? You're better/smarter than that.
No, that's not the case. I gave my answer, saying "I don't care, let them be." You didn't like it and carried on about how it's a "step down" to be on a show. Same deal as happened in the CNG thread. I seriously doubt that somebody is going to watch or not watch because a TPIR model joined the cast. I'm not going to classify it as a step down because I don't think it is one. I don't think it is a step down because it's just moving from one television show to another. It isn't neuroscience.
Travis L. Eberle