Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.  (Read 12734 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

comicus

So would this be a step up or a step down career-wise?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Probably a step up. Real Housewives of Atlanta is one of the most popular in the franchise.

The season started a couple of weeks ago, and if you like drama, well this season will be right up your alley as the season is standing in the shadow of a fight during a reunion special and one of the husbands preparing to go to jail.

The whole franchise is garbage, but this series is the fun one for me.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Thunder

I would think that to most people, she's "Who?". My vote would be "step up".

PYLdude

To me, any time you have to resort to being on a "reality" show, especially one like this, it's never for the best possible reason. I say step down.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Who says that it is a measure of last resort to appear on a reality show, whether a competition or a documentary?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

Who says that it is a measure of last resort to appear on a reality show, whether a competition or a documentary?

Well, how would you define such a move?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
I wouldn't bother to define it. It is a thing she wants to do unless she is being filmed under duress. I'm not going to watch but I'm also not going to sneer at the fact that she has chosen a different career path from "Gal who points at dirt bikes and fondles toaster pastries."
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Considering the fact a good majority of "stars" who appear on said series are either washed up or has-beens, I can absolutely see why some people consider this a step down.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

Has anyone actually revitalized their career by doing a show like this?

BrandonFG

Re: Former TPIR model becomes new member of the Bravo housewives, among others.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
Not so much a "Housewives" show, but there's been a few has beens who gained a new life from VH-1 shows.

ObGameShow: "Trivial Pursuit" host Christopher Knight comes to mind.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »
Quote from: Modor
Considering the fact a good majority of "stars" who appear on said series are either washed up or has-beens, I can absolutely see why some people consider this a step down.
That's your opinion and that's fine, but I was asking why any show has to be a "last resort."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:29:47 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
That's your opinion and that's fine, but I was asking why any show has to be a "last resort."
[/quote]Name another genre of television that features thespians of this level.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SuperSweeper

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »
Has anyone actually revitalized their career by doing a show like this?

Kim and Kyle Richards?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »
Name another genre of television that features thespians of this level.
My understanding is that the casts are made up of people who are in fact not actors, which is why they're called reality shows. Your question falls at the hurdle.

You can say what you want about the show or the people on them, I don't see why it's a big deal that I'm not in line to castigate someone for signing up to be on one. Apparently that really grinds some peoples's gears.
Travis L. Eberle