Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Board Game Bow Ties  (Read 4741 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Game Show Board Game Bow Ties
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »
My girlfriend Cat and I have found a pretty sweet new use for some of the board games we pick up at thrift stores, and some of the duplicates I have in my collection. We're making bow ties, earrings, and jewelry out of them.

Other than the strap, every bow tie is made completely from a board game. I can also custom-craft a one-of-a-kind bow tie from just about any old board game you may have. They're pretty awesome.

Check it out! We'll add more stuff in the coming days.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/misterDINK
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Show Board Game Bow Ties
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
Your tagline should be "Very expensive!"
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »
I love the detail you've put into each tie, and surprisingly, even the back. Very well done.

daveromanjr

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
These look amazing!!  Very well done!

It wouldn't be a thread without Debbie Downer.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
These look amazing!!  Very well done!

It wouldn't be a thread without Debbie Downer.
No, no...Travis' comment was spot on, given Christian's store handle.

Also, well done, Chris. Might have to consider the Scrabble one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nChTVtKH4
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:30:21 PM »
I love bow ties. And these are spectacular.  And I'm not sure I can think of an occasion where I'd wear one.  And that makes me so sad.

Can't wait to see more, 'cause when I figure it out, I'm all over your Etsy.
czambo@mac.com

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 05:29:09 AM »
There's another person who makes bow ties from all sorts of things such as Legos, sheet music, comic books, dictionaries, chalkboards, and vinyl records. Questlove can be seen wearing these ties sometimes on The Tonight Show. I bring this up however, because they also make ties from Scrabble tiles. The cool thing they do is spell out whatever word you want on the tie with the tiles.

In any case, I love that Concentration tie. I don't know what other board games you have that would make great ties, but I can't wait to see.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 06:10:34 AM »
The one I've seen so far that's my favorite, which is not currently shown there, was the Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition wheel tie. That was pretty sweet.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 06:53:06 AM »
The one I've seen so far that's my favorite, which is not currently shown there, was the Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition wheel tie. That was pretty sweet.

Oh, this one (it's actually made from the wheel and front box cover of a 1975 MB edition):

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 06:58:59 AM »
Yes, that one. It did look Deluxe but it's still pretty sweet.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Clay Zambo

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »

Oh, this one (it's actually made from the wheel and front box cover of a 1975 MB edition):

So. Freaking. Cool.
czambo@mac.com