Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any word on Christmas and New Year's programming?  (Read 5766 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Any word on Christmas and New Year's programming?
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
Title says it all.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Any word on Christmas and New Year's programming?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
It's not even thanksgiving…

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
Title says it all.

Yes. GSN will broadcast game shows.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:12:16 AM »
I'm sure any word will come when the PDFs are released.

I hope What's My Line? and I've Got a Secret (or other B&W show) return for another year come mid-December.

Hopefully, whatever they do for Christmas will be better than their Thanksgiving/Black Friday programming. I think we've been spoiled the last few years, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything special other than Family Feud all day.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
GSN said they'd have something announced by this week, as well as "a few additional surprises for fans of our classic programming as well as our more contemporary shows" (their words).

I'm sure any word will come when the PDFs are released.

I hope What's My Line? and I've Got a Secret (or other B&W show) return for another year come mid-December.

Classics-wise, I can't think of anything GSN could do for this year, besides that and Card Sharks 1986 and Press Your Luck 1985.

dale_grass

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
GSN said they'd have something announced by this week, as well as "a few additional surprises for fans of our classic programming as well as our more contemporary shows" (their words).

It'll be "this week" for several more days.  Keep your damn pants on.

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »

It'll be "this week" for several more days.  Keep your damn pants on.

Yes. This being one of the many reasons people don't take you seriously.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
Classics-wise, I can't think of anything GSN could do for this year, besides that and Card Sharks 1986 and Press Your Luck 1985.
You're just a tad obsessed with seeing these episodes, aren't you?  I almost wish someone would say those shows met the business end of an incinerator, just to see your reaction.  I imagine it would be like telling a pre-schooler that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
I lost a bit of faith in GSN a year ago, when they refused to show the 1988 Holiday episodes of Sale of the Century (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's), for reasons I will never understand why. Which is why I am lowering my expectations here.

With that said: If the 1986 and 1985 Holiday episodes of CS and PYL respectively do not get shown, life will go on.

dale_grass

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
I lost a bit of faith in GSN a year ago, when they refused to show the 1988 Holiday episodes of Sale of the Century

When you say "refused" do you actually mean "chose not to"?  'Cause the first thing indicates denying a specific order or request while the second thing means "eh, f*** it."

Those guys at GSN really irk the piss out of you, don't they?

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
Yes, I did mean "Chose not to".

I'm just surprised GSN did this. The only other time I can think of where GSN did the same thing was the 1981 Christmas episodes of Password Plus.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
Thousand points each to Ryan and Aaron, minus five thousand points from Vahan Nisanian.

He said "respectively," so you can mark that off your Bombay Bingo card.
/so you said "refused to," but you meant "chose not to," while saying "refused to."
//this is one of many reasons we laugh at you and refuse to/choose not to take you seriously.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:41:18 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
I lost a bit of faith in GSN a year ago, when they refused to show the 1988 Holiday episodes of Sale of the Century (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's), for reasons I will never understand why. Which is why I am lowering my expectations here.
You have to remember they had the rights to those 65 episodes of Sale during spring and summer. They probably knew that one way or the other they wouldn't be running those anymore by the holidays (and the GSN programming folks seem to have an aversion to running holiday episodes at other times of the year.) It's not that surprising.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Fedya

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 01:41:36 PM »
The answer is either RSN or WIR

RSN: Real Soon Now
WIR: When It's Ready.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »
You have to remember they had the rights to those 65 episodes of Sale during spring and summer. They probably knew that one way or the other they wouldn't be running those anymore by the holidays (and the GSN programming folks seem to have an aversion to running holiday episodes at other times of the year.) It's not that surprising.
This was going to be my question, did they skip the holiday episodes around Christmastime, or was it at some other random point of the year? If the latter, then yeah, it makes sense that they skipped the episodes. No biggie.

Now y'all cut it out with the personal attacks before you get reported! ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!