Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Make the Connection scheduling question  (Read 4079 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Make the Connection scheduling question
« on: January 10, 2004, 03:34:11 PM »
What time will it be on tonight? I've lost track of when BWO airs, and I can't access gsn.com to look it up anymore [long story]

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 03:41:32 PM »
4 AM ET.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 04:09:24 PM »
Thanks.

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 12:11:03 AM »
Having now saved all three MtC episodes that GSN has aired these last three days, I'd like to add that I thought the panel on MtC was a wee bit funnier than the IGaS panel; especially on that first episode that aired on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Kinda makes you wonder if the wrong show ran fifteen years.....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Anita Gillette of the Big Board!'

P.S. Too bad they didn't air the Vaughn Monroe episode. I'd have loved to see him and Geno make like 'pseudo-Righteous Brothers.'
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 12:16:51 AM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 06:58:40 AM »
Kinda makes you wonder if the wrong show ran fifteen years.....

I'm glad it didn't. I'd hate to have seen Gene be otherwise occupied in 1962... :)
@lambertman

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 04:52:15 PM »
I saw the Hoagy Carmichael ep. Gene-o was a little stiff in parts of the show ["for the benefit of our audience, let's Make the Connection" three times verbatim, with no variation] but it was really good!

Ghastly_Gary

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 05:41:55 PM »
I've taped previous GSN airings of MTC with the most memorabel featuring an uncontrollable J. Fred Muggs and Xavier Cugat (with Abbe Lane) joining an impromptu band consisting of Gene and the MTC panel.  Gloria DeHaven was definitely a looker.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 12:50:31 AM »
MTC was definitely a treat! Gene was pretty good as host. He seemed a lot livelier than in the surviving 60s MG episodes, no doubt due to the format.

MTC had a more solid game than IGAS. I got the feeling though that they were struggling to find the right kind of panel; there were a lot of lame jokes going out. Gene Klaven was definitely no Henry Morgan.

It's too bad MTC didn't have a longer run back on NBC in 1955.

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 04:48:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Ghastly_Gary\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 05:41 PM\']I've taped previous GSN airings of MTC with the most memorabel featuring an uncontrollable J. Fred Muggs and Xavier Cugat (with Abbe Lane) joining an impromptu band consisting of Gene and the MTC panel.  Gloria DeHaven was definitely a looker.[/quote]
And she was a looker *over 20 years later* as Annie, the middle-aged lady who seduced Tom, on "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman" (I forget if her character transferred into "Forever Fernwood").

To make this sorta on-topic, I believe she also hosted the WABC New York version of the ABC O&Os' late 60s-early 70s morning standby "The Prize Movie."  Those of you around in Chicago at that time will remember Ione on WBKB/WLS.