Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN'S new name is out.....  (Read 8149 times)

uncamark

GSN'S new name is out.....
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2004, 08:21:20 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 10 2004, 10:53 PM\']I haven't seen this mentioned yet (I didn't see it on the GSN name change PR), but it looks like Melena Scantlin from "Average Joe" is going to be the host of the "World Series of Blackjack".

This is according to Ellen Gray of the Philadelphia Daily News whose comments on the shift in focus would seem right at home in this forum.[/quote]
Matt Vasgersian of "Sports Genuises" is the actual host.  Scantlin's going to play the Lisa Guerrero role on the show, so to speak (both relating to "Sports Genuises" and her current "Monday Night Football" gig, as it turns out).

DrBear

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2004, 08:29:46 PM »
Vasgersian may be the only reason I watch; he did Milwaukee Brewers games on Fox Sports Net a couple of years ago and was fun to listen to.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2004, 09:46:53 AM »
So far this doesn't seem too bad.  I'm a big fan of "The Mole" too, and it will be great to see the first series again.  I guess a lot of this depends on what else they've got up their sleeve.   Until the announcement, we can only wonder what the rest of the schedule will look like...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

inturnaround

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 10:06:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 12 2004, 09:46 AM\'] So far this doesn't seem too bad.  I'm a big fan of "The Mole" too, and it will be great to see the first series again.  I guess a lot of this depends on what else they've got up their sleeve.   Until the announcement, we can only wonder what the rest of the schedule will look like... [/quote]
 Well, IIRC, they only really want to remake primetime at the moment.

Wanna bet they're doing their best to get reruns of "Survivor". That would probably be their most expensive acquisition ever. (Assuming the rights are even available to them)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

zachhoran

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 12 2004, 10:06 AM\']
Well, IIRC, they only really want to remake primetime at the moment.

Wanna bet they're doing their best to get reruns of "Survivor". That would probably be their most expensive acquisition ever. (Assuming the rights are even available to them) [/quote]
 There's supposed to be a Reality Channel launching later this year, and that station is supposedly looking to get reruns of some of these reality shows, too.

I suspect GSN will try to get the rest of the Regis Millionaire run in the near future.

Starkman

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 08:27:26 AM »
Ehhhh not as bad as I thought at all. I was prepared for the worst and while we get some crap (Kenny vs Spenny?!?! oh god why am I expecting a JACKASS clone =-O)

The mole is very cool - good choice. (now please forbid yourself from conducting ANY other business with Stone Stanley, thank you)

Spy TV is at least funny (well they couldve gone full monty and picked up a Candid Camera run but beggers cant be choosers)

World Series of blackjack, given the poker shows success is just good business and I must say may be quite intresting even if other networks beat em to it.

It looks like they are hanging on to the game shows in the daytime so far which is good I was fearing video game and other oddball programming (i guess the VG block tanking didnt go too unoticed).

I think they may just find a happy medium here, which isnt a bad thing at all.