Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Time Capsule #3: 80s Tattletales  (Read 10117 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: GSN Time Capsule #3: 80s Tattletales
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Here's what I know, the week with Howie Mandel and Lloyd Bridges aired from October 28-November 3, 1982, but what about the rundown for the week with Michael J. Fox, Shecky Greene, Vic Tayback and Nancy McKeon? Do Tammy Warner, Ian Wallis, pyrfan or SRIV94 help me on that one.

Well, since you asked so nicely. . .  :)

It appears the Fox/Shecky/et al show aired 8/8/83 (and it appears the Howie/Lloyd show aired 10/28/82).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:33 PM »
New schedule PDF is out. The next Time Capsule airs on November 30. Two episodes of the 82-84 version of Tattletales. One has celebs listed as Vic Tayback, Nancy McKeon, Shecky Greene and Michael J. Fox. The other has Howie Mandel and Lloyd Bridges.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a5d9d7d5-b15d-4717-a176-ba25d9f6e6d3

Since both Howie Mandel and Bob Saget got their start on Make Me Laugh, I won't be surprised if it makes it on there.

So we get to see Howie Mandel when he had hair.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
New schedule PDF is out. The next Time Capsule airs on November 30. Two episodes of the 82-84 version of Tattletales. One has celebs listed as Vic Tayback, Nancy McKeon, Shecky Greene and Michael J. Fox. The other has Howie Mandel and Lloyd Bridges.

Since both Howie Mandel and Bob Saget got their start on Make Me Laugh, I won't be surprised if it makes it on there.
And actually shook people's hands!

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 08:36:07 AM »
I take it that it was a closing credits error that instead of the Fremantle logo it was a Sony logo?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 08:44:51 AM »
I take it that it was a closing credits error that instead of the Fremantle logo it was a Sony logo?

Yes. I noticed that those were actually "Pyramid" credits that they popped in during the split-screen. I'm wondering why, too!

SRIV94

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »

Was it me, or was Howie unnaturally stoned?
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chad1m

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
I mean, I wasn't around in his heyday (my first Howie interaction was Bobby's World) but wasn't manic unpredictability just kind of his thing?

SRIV94

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »
I mean, I wasn't around in his heyday (my first Howie interaction was Bobby's World) but wasn't manic unpredictability just kind of his thing?

Manic unpredictability is one thing.  Slurred speech and glassy eyes are something else.
Doug

JakeT

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »

Manic unpredictability is one thing.  Slurred speech and glassy eyes are something else.

Actually, slurred speech and glassy eyes were very much "his thing" back in the day, with the whole "what what what" schtick and such...what we saw on that episode of TATTLETALES was very much classic Howie...and I LOVED his act back then...and I can't deny that he was awfully cute back then with all that curly hair and those glassy eyes!

JakeT